Turn on thread page Beta

New relationship is not going really well, but I'm inexperienced so unsure what to do watch

I met a girl about 2 months ago, and we've been on loads of dates, it was good at first, and I felt things might progress, but it's becoming annoying for me, and I feel it's more convenient for her, rather than her actually enjoying being with me.

She's 2 years older than me, has a 1 year old kid, she's met my family today at my nieces christening, and I went to a wedding with her yesterday which she invited me to.

But I just don't feel the buzz with her, she often talks down to me when I say something which I regard as normal, which is belittling and she can be condescending.

I am a nice guy, I texted her more than she did to me at first, not as much now, and I am kind to her kid and always put him first showing her I understand his importance.

I am someone who enjoys cuddling etc, and feel that physical contact is important, but she never initiates the contact at first, it's always me, and it feels like even though she reciprocates, that she doesn't enjoy or value the physical or emotional side. We still haven't 'done it' either, and even though I don't regard it as the most important thing, it doesn't feel like it's leading in a direction where we would do it.

If anyone understands, I'd like your advice

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't sound like this is a relationship you necessarily want to be in so for the sake of yourself, her and especially the kid, I'd leave but do it on good terms.

Totally unrelated but why she introducing you to her kid already when she only known you two months? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    It doesn't sound like this is a relationship you necessarily want to be in so for the sake of yourself, her and especially the kid, I'd leave but do it on good terms.

Totally unrelated but why she introducing you to her kid already when she only known you two months? :confused:
    Stupidity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Stupidity
    Agreed.

Anyone?

Staying with her would mean you'd end up raising someone else's child

Maximum cuck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a girl about 2 months ago, and we've been on loads of dates, it was good at first, and I felt things might progress, but it's becoming annoying for me, and I feel it's more convenient for her, rather than her actually enjoying being with me.

She's 2 years older than me, has a 1 year old kid, she's met my family today at my nieces christening, and I went to a wedding with her yesterday which she invited me to.

But I just don't feel the buzz with her, she often talks down to me when I say something which I regard as normal, which is belittling and she can be condescending.

I am a nice guy, I texted her more than she did to me at first, not as much now, and I am kind to her kid and always put him first showing her I understand his importance.

I am someone who enjoys cuddling etc, and feel that physical contact is important, but she never initiates the contact at first, it's always me, and it feels like even though she reciprocates, that she doesn't enjoy or value the physical or emotional side. We still haven't 'done it' either, and even though I don't regard it as the most important thing, it doesn't feel like it's leading in a direction where we would do it.

If anyone understands, I'd like your advice
    (Original post by Katarvi)

And if you don't like what Katarvi said then here's mine; Why don't you talk to her about this? It sounds like you're being used and you've made this post before yet ignored what everyone said, seeing as you made another. Why don't you talk to her about it? You could tell her how you feel about the things she says and things she doesn't do. It's better if you actually talk about this, you'll actually find out what's meant to happen; she leaves you or she treats you better, one will be the result and that one result will decide the rest.

If you don't want to confront her is it because you're afraid of losing her? Are you scared she'll leave? If so then ask yourself this: Will you let her use you till you're no longer of use? I mean if she's really like that then I'm pretty sure she'd leave you when someone she actually likes and treats better comes along and offers himself. It's your choice, you can continue ignoring what others tell you and endure her till she (probably) leaves you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyone?
    What do you mean "anyone?" You've got replies! If it isn't what you wanted to hear then sorry.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.