Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really need advice so I'm currently on a course that i don't want to carry on with i have applied for another course at another uni to start this september. i want to stay where i am as in my student accommodation till the end of the year and we are really close to getting the last student finance but i have stopped going to uni for the past few weeks and i don't intend on going back. what will happen with my student finance?? can i still get the last part of the loan and speak to the loan company and say that I'm going somewhere else this September or am i going to have to pay everything back? please help!!!!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by AnnieAG)
    I really need advice so I'm currently on a course that i don't want to carry on with i have applied for another course at another uni to start this september. i want to stay where i am as in my student accommodation till the end of the year and we are really close to getting the last student finance but i have stopped going to uni for the past few weeks and i don't intend on going back. what will happen with my student finance?? can i still get the last part of the loan and speak to the loan company and say that I'm going somewhere else this September or am i going to have to pay everything back? please help!!!!!
    You need to speak to your student office/department office/registry to find out if they will withdraw you for non-attendance/non submission of work or whether skiving off for the last few months will be overlooked. If you receive a final loan payment for the year and then your university notifies SLC that you've withdrawn for non-attendance then SLC can (and do) demand instant repayment for any loan they consider overpaid. We've also had students on TSR who have withdrawn and then had debt collectors from their university's chase them for fee payment (because SLC withdrew support).

Different universities and courses have different rules so you need to find out the specific rules for your course and make sure that you meet the minimum attendance/work submission requirements if you want to receive a full loan for the year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.