Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for student finance last year with no problem. However this year, in re applying one parent has forgotten their log in details for the log in on student finance england (to support my application).

Firstly, i thought i could just make a new account for them, but when i entered their national insurance number it said that they already had an existing account.

So when using the recovery option, when their name and date of birth is entered, it directs to the new, unusable account.

I know their password because me and both parents have the same one, but we don't know their email or CRN.

Can i get in touch with student finance England without having to call them- it takes too much credit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreekTea)
    x
    I'm in the same situation, I applied last year and now I'm reapplying (gap year)
    I haven't actually started my application going to start in 2 weeks time.

I think I'm going to be in the same situation as you I.e parent forgotten their login details... my best advice would be to call SFE and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    Call student finance. My mum misplaces her login information every year without fail. It's one of the few things the call center is actually good for/ sorts out.

Student finance have a free number, Google it. It's definitely free because my contract is capped and will only allow me to call home phones, mobiles and free numbers

ReputationRep:
    I've been given a form to fill out about removing/changing parent details. The phone calls are fine other than i can never usually hear what they are saying so i'd figure it's better to have it in writing. I'll send that first- to see if they can connect her old account back with my new one, then i;ll ring later on and tell them to delete a parent new account.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.