Turn on thread page Beta

Should I go? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, my ex-boyfriends best friend just sent me a text asking me if I'd like to go to see Shrek 2, he said he wasn't asking me out, he's just bored. I'm not sure what to do though cause I know that he said a while ago if I was single before I went out with my ex he would have asked me out, and so should I go? Would it hurt my ex? The other thing is I have a boyfriend. Nothing would happen between me and my ex's best mate, but hmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    Ok, my ex-boyfriends best friend just sent me a text asking me if I'd like to go to see Shrek 2, he said he wasn't asking me out, he's just bored. I'm not sure what to do though cause I know that he said a while ago if I was single before I went out with my ex he would have asked me out, and so should I go? Would it hurt my ex? The other thing is I have a boyfriend. Nothing would happen between me and my ex's best mate, but hmm...

Just go, but make sure you make it clear it isn't a date and try not to be flirty. You could also invite some other friends to make it clear to him that it's not a date, maybe. Does he know u have a boyf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Just go, but make sure you make it clear it isn't a date and try not to be flirty. You could also invite some other friends to make it clear to him that it's not a date, maybe. Does he know u have a boyf?
    Yeah I could do that I suppose, he doesn't know I have a boyf, and I'm reluctant to tell him because if he finds out he's likely to tell my ex, which might push him too far over the edge. Hmmm, I dont know whether I want to go actually.

ReputationRep:
    dont do it!! its a trick!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm.. if there's still some tension between you and your ex, it doesn't seem like a great idea, especially if you're worried that he's likely to be hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Hmmm.. if there's still some tension between you and your ex, it doesn't seem like a great idea, especially if you're worried that he's likely to be hurt.
    Why? He only wants to go and watch a movie, stop being so tight on him!

I advise you to go, Shrek may well be good!

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it's a trick because he's very unbiased like that, he supports my reasons as well as his mates, I do think it's just cause he's bored. And Shrek may well be good, on the other hand my boyf did already ask if I could go see it with him. I think if I went with my ex's mate then my ex would be hurt, and it might draw a rift between them, so perhaps it's better if I don't go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    I dont think it's a trick because he's very unbiased like that, he supports my reasons as well as his mates, I do think it's just cause he's bored. And Shrek may well be good, on the other hand my boyf did already ask if I could go see it with him. I think if I went with my ex's mate then my ex would be hurt, and it might draw a rift between them, so perhaps it's better if I don't go.
    Don't go, especially as your boyfriend wants to go and see it with you, it's not just your ex who mightn't like it if you went with your ex's best mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    You're probably interested in this guy and don't want to admit it and to be honest, unless you like him purely as a friend, that's kind of gross. Nothing worse than a group of friends that go out with eachother one after the other, so that every combination has been done. It's like incest.
    But I'm sure you're not like that with your friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)

Yeah, in that case you are probably better of going with just your boyf. When things are a bit more sorted out between you and your ex then maybe you could hang out with his friend, but it's probably best leaving it for a while with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    You're probably interested in this guy and don't want to admit it and to be honest, unless you like him purely as a friend, that's kind of gross. Nothing worse than a group of friends that go out with eachother one after the other, so that every combination has been done. It's like incest.
    But I'm sure you're not like that with your friends
    No I'm not! I used to be interested in this guy a long time ago, but I am not now. Only one guy for me, he knows who he is

(Original post by Cate)
    Don't go, especially as your boyfriend wants to go and see it with you, it's not just your ex who mightn't like it if you went with your ex's best mate.
    Yeah, I'll ask him what he thinks, but I've decided I won't go now. Now I think about it, it could be him doing a favour for my ex trying to find out info.. hmm

ReputationRep:
    Go but just send you're boyfriend a text to let him know what you're doing - cos if you dont tell him and he finds out he might be a bit suspicious as to why yo didnt tell him bout it....

ReputationRep:
    its blatantly a move on his part.
    you can see Shrek2 with female friends( if you really must see it?)
    if you dont actually like the guy, what the actual benefits of going? the confusion it will lead to will be untold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    if you dont actually like the guy, what the actual benefits of going? the confusion it will lead to will be untold.
    :eek: what are you doing out of the debate subforum!? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    *******s...just cos he asked her to go to the cinema doesnt make it a move....just cos she dosent fancy the guy she could still ebnjoy his company - men are people too maybe he just wants to see the film (dont know why someone would) and thought it'd be fun to go with her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    :eek: what are you doing out of the debate subforum!? :eek:
    i was wondering that - so i decided to debate with her in here

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Shrek a kid's movie? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go but make it very very clear to him that your only going to watch the film and enjoy his company and that it isnt a date. It may sound oh so harsh of me but this is your ex-boyfriend and not your boyfriend so you should be free to whatever you please as I'm sure that he is.

By the way am I the only one that has noticed that Bono is back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloudy)
    I think you should go but make it very very clear to him that your only going to watch the film and enjoy his company and that it isnt a date. It may sound oh so harsh of me but this is your ex-boyfriend and not your boyfriend so you should be free to whatever you please as I'm sure that he is.

By the way am I the only one that has noticed that Bono is back?
    Its the friends of her ex isn't?
    and sssshhh don't make an issue out of it the bono thing

ReputationRep:
    only go if you want to get back together with him or want some fun on the side :cool:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.