Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    A stupid statement.

You're hating on an entire religion because less than 0.1% of them are causing problems, that is entirely irrational.
    You will make a good Dhimmi.

ReputationRep:
    you're right, closer to 0.0001%
    My mistake I thought these attitudes came from the culture not the book.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...-too-many.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    Builders are good men who have a valuable trade, work long and hard for their living, and will always be useful both in the workplace and outside of it. Unlike young adults (who are really kids) who decide to study sociology or history or even worse, women's studies, at liberal universities for four years.
    Sociology is an important course and contribute to the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    OP would also prefer it if we don't term the conduct of ISIS 'genocide' :borat:

62% of Muslims in Britain believe free speech shouldn’t be protected when it offends religious groups | Source

You'll never gag our free media, countermand our principles, pervert our values, distort our way of life, overwhelm or oppress us
    @queenbee will be mad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    So you don't like how the Daily Mail apparently generalises all Muslims as 'savages' and all the refugees as rapists and Jihadis...

YET you yourself generalise all UKIP supporters as racist: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3883705. That is the exact same thing. You're a hypocrite.

In the same thread you also say that UKIP supporters should be deported and now you want you ban the Daily Mail because you have a problem with some of their articles. It sounds to me that you just have an intolerance towards opinions that differ from your own; just like most left-wing fascists that are around nowadays.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    After seeing all the other threads you've made, I'm convinced you're a troll.
    Hahahaha OP owned

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A$aprocky)
    The only people who read DM are plebs and builders. Who cares what rubbish they tell them?
    I'm sorry but this is abject nonsense.

The Daily Mail,and I'm referring to the physical copy here,is aimed at intelligent ,well-read,middle class people with a bias towards women.

If you disagree ,when was the last time you read a copy and what was in it that lead you to believe it's aimed at plebs?

(I'm a Times reader but read the DM as my main paper for over 10 years and buy it if I'm in a newsagent)

ReputationRep:
    That does look barbaric though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanny17)
    Their comment section is something to laugh about though, if I do say so myself.
    Don't you love it when a bunch of bigots gather around to sprout their hatred?

I'm just using this persons post to make a general point.

It seems to me that almost all of the comments about the Daily Mail on this forum are based on its online business model.

The only thing is,their online site is in fact,unlike the paper,aimed at the millions of morons this country produces by the truckload.

The kind of people who would watch a 30 second advert in order to see someone being tortured or some celebrity doing something unusual or some footballer scoring a goal.

It bears very little relation to the newspaper.

However it seems this article was from the Mail on Sunday anyway and Sunday tabloids are known to be somewhat more sensationalist in their content.

They pretty much have to be in an increasingly cutthroat business.

Regardless,

Let me make this clear.

The Daily Mail is NOT racist.

It never has been.

The only people who think it is are people who've never read it.

The lazy,ignorant idea that it is, is the kind of bias crap I expect to read from plebs,not university students.

If anyone thinks otherwise,read it for a month.

Then tell me about one single racist sentence.

You won't find one.

The Daily Mail did more than anyone else to help bring the killers of Stephen Lawrence to justice.

They even took a massive risk by calling them murderers on their front page and risking being sued for a very large amount.

But hey.You carry on believing what you like.

That's what people do anyway.

Even university students it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Builders are good men who have a valuable trade, work long and hard for their living, and will always be useful both in the workplace and outside of it. Unlike young adults (who are really kids) who decide to study sociology or history or even worse, women's studies, at liberal universities for four years.
    You sound like a Daily Mail reader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirmilksheikh)
    builders are good men who have a valuable trade, work long and hard for their living, and will always be useful both in the workplace and outside of it. Unlike young adults (who are really kids) who decide to study sociology or history or even worse, women's studies, at liberal universities for four years.
    stem = master race!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    The Daily Mail,and I'm referring to the physical copy here,is aimed at intelligent ,well-read,middle class people with a bias towards women.
    It's aimed at the higher intelligence bracket of the plebs, as far as I can tell. It's more sophisticated than the blatant tabloids, but still reads in a slightly hysterical, headline-seeking way. Sometimes with interesting use of language, logical fallacies, hyperbole, etc. - as well as being often downright wrong, whether due to misinformation or whether done deliberately.

I get an air of self-righteousness from it.when I read it tbh. - don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    You sound like a Daily Mail reader.
    The only newspaper I pick up is the Metro for the crossword at the back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    My mistake I thought these attitudes came from the culture not the book.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...-too-many.html
    Idiocy at its finest.

Sympathy does not mean that they are terrorists. If everyone who sympathised with terrorists were terrorists, we would probably all be dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I find all the Kim Kardashian news articles more annoying tbh. They'd be a whole article about a selfie she posted, and that would be the main story too. :rofl: Main reason why I stopped reading The Daily ****mail.
    I was thinking the same thing. Their obsession with her and her family is quite literally enough to give a 'normal' person a mental breakdown.

ReputationRep:
    The only newspaper I pick up is the Metro for the crossword at the back.
    Really? I usually wipe my dirty hands on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    @queenbee will be mad
    queen-bee is well informed, socially concerned, and intellectually honest enough to recognise the truth and value in what I say

ReputationRep:
    Ban a newspaper? Yeah that'll go down well. How about taking a slightly less authoritarian approach.

ReputationRep:
    A stupid statement.

You're hating on an entire religion because less than 0.1% of them are causing problems, that is entirely irrational.
    I hate Islam for what it preaches

Even if there were just one muslim in the world following Islam I would still hate Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    So you don't like how the Daily Mail apparently generalises all Muslims as 'savages' and all the refugees as rapists and Jihadis...

YET you yourself generalise all UKIP supporters as racist: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3883705. That is the exact same thing. You're a hypocrite.

In the same thread you also say that UKIP supporters should be deported and now you want you ban the Daily Mail because you have a problem with some of their articles. It sounds to me that you just have an intolerance towards opinions that differ from your own; just like most left-wing fascists that are around nowadays.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    After seeing all the other threads you've made, I'm convinced you're a troll.
    Not just that, he doesn't even mention any sources at all on his views. In the last thread, everyone was asking for evidence that the UKIP was racist. But he didn't say anything.

ReputationRep:
    A stupid statement.

while one should be careful not to generalise (and hate is not a solution) I would point out that 0.1% of 1.6 billion is 1.6 million

quite enough to cause some problems, I would say

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.