Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In the "About you" section. There is a question aboutDo any of the circumstances below apply to you?
    I have glaucoma in both eyes, but I don't know which to pick because its not listed as an answer. The closest is: "You're deaf and qualify for disability student allowance".

Bearing in mind that I didn't put glaucoma as a disability in my university application. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesosleepy)
    Thanks
    What is the question you are answering and what are the other options? If you are not deaf then don't select that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    What is the question you are answering and what are the other options? If you are not deaf then don't select that one.
    The question is Do any of these circumstances below apply to you:

You're a lone parent with a child under 20 who's in full-time education below higher-education level or on an approved training course.

You or your partner who's also a student, are responsible for a young person aged under 20 who's in full-time education below higher-education level or on an approved training course.

You have a disability, and qualify for the Disability Premium or Severe Disability Premium

You're deaf and qualify for Disabled Students' Allowances

You've been treated as incapable of work for a continuous period of at least 28 weeksYou have a disability and qualify for income-related Employment and Support Allowance

You're waiting to go back to a course having taken agreed time out due to an illness or caring responsibility that's now ended

You can get Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

You can get Disability Living Allowance

You can get Armed Forces Independence Payment

ReputationRep:
    Well then I would say no unless you are going to select that you are disabled and entitled to disability premium. You could always ring n check though.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    To be entitled to the disability premium, you'd have to be on DLA, PIP or registered blind.

ReputationRep:
    so you're saying that I should answer no?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Yes. If none of the criteria apply to you, you answer no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesosleepy)
    so you're saying that I should answer no?
    I agree that you should answer no. It won't affect your entitlement to DSA or help at uni. I suspect there may just be shortcuts which can be taken for people in the circumstances listed on the list of options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    I agree that you should answer no. It won't affect your entitlement to DSA or help at uni. I suspect there may just be shortcuts which can be taken for people in the circumstances listed on the list of options.
    Ok thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.