Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for finance for my second year of university. This will be the third university that I have attended. I did 1 year at a university, then redid my 1st year at another university, then plan to transfer to another university to continue onto second year of the same course, just a different uni. If that makes sense. So when applying for finance, I have stated I will now be living at home with my dad, a single parent earning less than 25k annually. When asking for the amount of maintenance loan I would like to apply for on the 'living costs' section of the online application form, it says I am entitled to up to £0. I've tried starting again and inputting new information but the same figure keeps occurring. It still says I'm entitled to full tuition fees, just the maintenance loan and grant is now non existent.

Any ideas?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Bonsimpson)
    I'm applying for finance for my second year of university. This will be the third university that I have attended. I did 1 year at a university, then redid my 1st year at another university, then plan to transfer to another university to continue onto second year of the same course, just a different uni. If that makes sense. So when applying for finance, I have stated I will now be living at home with my dad, a single parent earning less than 25k annually. When asking for the amount of maintenance loan I would like to apply for on the 'living costs' section of the online application form, it says I am entitled to up to £0. I've tried starting again and inputting new information but the same figure keeps occurring. It still says I'm entitled to full tuition fees, just the maintenance loan and grant is now non existent.

Any ideas?
    You'd be best off ringing SFE about this.

It might be that your previous study has been flagged as an "Equivalent" qualification (make sure that you haven't stated that you *have* a degree because you studied for first year) or that the record isn't showing that you're starting in Yr 2 (and so not repeating a second time)...without full access to your application it isn't possible to unpick what has happened.

ReputationRep:
    Did you solve this issue? Mine is also coming up with the same thing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.