Turn on thread page Beta

School shoes watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Just get a new pair that are the same as the ones you already have. You can get them for like £3 at Primark.
    I get the 2 pairs for £8 from shoe sone I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Please don't tell me you want Vans simply because your friends got them
    It's one of the reasons
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tomj200)
    It's one of the reasons
    oh please, just because your friends have vans and you dont doesnt mean that your less "cool"... when will people realise this, its not about what shoes your wearing, your in school to learn, and the shoes are there so your feet are warm and protected.

I personally would go for some nice leather/fake leather shoes which are sturdy and waterproof, none of this vans/pumps rubbish, its worth spending a bit more on sturdy shoes which will last years (my shoes lasted 4 years and they cost £40, but they were sturdy leather ones from clarks) than spending the same on vans which just break in a few months.

I have never understood the logic,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    oh please, just because your friends have vans and you dont doesnt mean that your less "cool"... when will people realise this, its not about what shoes your wearing, your in school to learn, and the shoes are there so your feet are warm and protected.

I personally would go for some nice leather/fake leather shoes which are sturdy and waterproof, none of this vans/pumps rubbish, its worth spending a bit more on sturdy shoes which will last years (my shoes lasted 4 years and they cost £40, but they were sturdy leather ones from clarks) than spending the same on vans which just break in a few months.

I have never understood the logic,
    I have never worn proper school shoes lol used to wear black trainers but now like pumps and thought about vans
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have never worn proper school shoes lol used to wear black trainers but now like pumps and thought about vans
    can I ask why? proper school shoes (as you call them) are very sturdy, long lasting and make so much more sense as they are waterproof.

ReputationRep:
    Focus less on your shoes and more on your school work (i.e. Your spelling and grammar).

Seriously, if you care so much about getting the vans, save/earn some money and buy them yourself.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair Aswell my £4 pumps have lasted since around November and I'm still wearing them

ReputationRep:
    can I ask why? proper school shoes (as you call them) are very sturdy, long lasting and make so much more sense as they are waterproof.
    I always used to wear plain black trainers
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    Focus less on your shoes and more on your school work (i.e. Your spelling and grammar).

Seriously, if you care so much about getting the vans, save/earn some money and buy them yourself.
    couldnt agree more with this... its obvious where some peoples priorities lie!

To be fair Aswell my £4 pumps have lasted since around November and I'm still wearing them
    thats 4 months/5 months, Im nearly 19 and have had shoes since the age of 15 which I wear nearly every single day (im a one shoe girl, they just go with everything) and they still are fine, thats because I spent a lot of money on them (around £90), you really do get what you pay for, £4 for 4 months = £40 for 40 months...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)

I wouldn't be able to save up for them

ReputationRep:
    couldnt agree more with this... its obvious where some peoples priorities lie!

thats 4 months/5 months, Im nearly 19 and have had shoes since the age of 15 which I wear nearly every single day (im a one shoe girl, they just go with everything) and they still are fine, thats because I spent a lot of money on them (around £90), you really do get what you pay for, £4 for 4 months = £40 for 40 months...
    There still ok to wear at the moment plus I wouldn't wear proper school shoes hate them
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There still ok to wear at the moment plus I wouldn't wear proper school shoes hate them
    why because you dont look "cool"???

ReputationRep:
    Dammnnn Daniel, back at it again with the black vanssss

ReputationRep:
    why because you dont look "cool"???
    Yh literally everyone wears pumps or trainers at my school some girls wear ugg style boots Aswell
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yh literally everyone wears pumps or trainers at my school some girls wear ugg style boots Aswell
    ok each to their own. I just never saw the fuss of following the crowd, it was the same at my school, but they were the people who came in with soaking wet feet or their shoes would need glueing in the middle of school, by shoes were strong, waterproof and had great grip for running around in.

just do what you want ,

ReputationRep:
    ok each to their own. I just never saw the fuss of following the crowd, it was the same at my school, but they were the people who came in with soaking wet feet or their shoes would need glueing in the middle of school, by shoes were strong, waterproof and had great grip for running around in.

just do what you want ,
    My pumps get soaked sometimes but it's quite funny everyone's shoes are next to the radiators in lesson

ReputationRep:
    My pumps get soaked sometimes but it's quite funny everyone's shoes are next to the radiators in lesson
    That aint funny dude.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they will last until the end of the year my friends tell me I need a new pair I'm not sure though
    do you know what you do need a new pair of?

Spoiler:
    Show
    School Shoes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    do you know what you do need a new pair of?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    School Shoes
    A pair of what ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samistrawberry)
    That aint funny dude.
    It was last week lol literally all 8 of us I'm my maths class had to dry out shoes

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.