Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Am thinking of firming UoB to study psychology starting this September, I'm from cardiff- Is getting to and from town difficult in the early hours of the morning, do you need a lot of cash on a night out, and whats the Student union like? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemed1905)
    Am thinking of firming UoB to study psychology starting this September, I'm from cardiff- Is getting to and from town difficult in the early hours of the morning, do you need a lot of cash on a night out, and whats the Student union like? thanks
    Theres a direct train from university birmingham station to cardiff
    The concept of 24 hour night buses in birrmingham is relatively novel however there are loads of taxis and uber is very popular in the city. Some private student halls are in the city centre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemed1905)
    Hey

Yeah like hib2_uk said there's loads of taxis outside of clubs. If you're in a group the taxi driver will ask you to pay £2/2.50 each which isn't bad (although the taxi drivers are definitely making a ton of extra money this way). It's also easy to catch an Uber, I've done it a few times.

You don't need much cash on a night out. A lot of student nights have tickets which you can buy beforehand so if I've done that I usually just take £10 and change for the taxi.

The student union is really good! In terms of club nights, the Guild of Students only has one called 'Fab'. It's £5 a ticket and is either on a Friday or Saturday (mostly Satursday). I prefer to go clubbing in the city centre but I know people who love going to Fab every weekend as you can just walk home from it rather than get a taxi. Sports night is also held there on a Wednesday but it is sometimes also held in the city centre.

Popular student nights include: Stupid Tuesdays, Vodbull, Propaganda, Ouse, Tetku, But there's loads of other student nights and clubs to choose from. My favourite is Snobs on a Saturday which isn't a student night but they play mostly Indie which is what I like the best.

Hope that helps a little?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Birmingham
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.