Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is there more pressure on women to lose weight than men, it goes against biology? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    ngl I am judged on height. Often being called 'too tall'

someone literally tells me everyday that I 'block out the sun'

sure it's just banter but there's truth to the prejudice against tall girls *shrug*
    Really?

ReputationRep:
    I don't 100% agree with the OP.

You see "big is beautiful" for females and that Men are shallow if they don't want to date bigger girls. That a woman can get any man despite her size.

I've never seen anything positive about male weight.

But like others have commented, men are judged more on height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    Really?
    Yeah but whatever everyone can get picked on for anything

Best for everyone to just build a bridge n get over it amirite

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but whatever everyone can get picked on for anything

Best for everyone to just build a bridge n get over it amirite
    You sort of accepted this 'prejudice' and validated it by calling it banter though. Nothing wrong with tall girls myself being a tall men , though I barely see girls as tall or taller then me.

ReputationRep:

sure it's just banter but there's truth to the prejudice against tall girls *shrug*
    Yes, this can be an issue for women, too. It is terrible that we are all judged on something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    So all you want from a woman is for her to look good ?
    Nothing wrong with that.

ReputationRep:

if its by guys i think its probably borne out of insecurity that they are too short for you so you won't date them

ReputationRep:
    It's called sexual dimorphism. Large humans are attracted to smaller humans and vice versa. In the majority of cultural contexts the smaller is the female and the larger is the male.

You do see the opposite as the norm in some African tribal cultures and you see it happen sometimes in Western society, but in the case of Western society it is more that both partners are at the bottom of the physical-social hierarchy as in fat female with skinny man.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.