Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was born on the day of a terrorist bomb. I grew up in a very spiritual place. When I was young two girls got run over in a car accident. I was very good at writing essays and was moved up a year. My essays were rated 5th best in the county. My brother was taken into care because it was thought my parents could not control him. My brother was always running away and stealing from neighbours. I became badly behaved at school and was moved back down a year as I lost interest in working for an authority I didn't respect. I was the youngest person to get a lead role in a school play which I really enjoyed doing. My childhood was troubled and I did not understand why. I developed a reverse sleep pattern where I was awake all night and asleep for much of the day. Eventually I was asked to leave school not just because of my sleep pattern but because my behaviour was unacceptable.

When I left school I found myself in the middle of a gang zone. Fights seemed to be happening everywhere not just little school playground fights but ones that were really quite serious. I got into smoking marijuana and taking LSD. Music was the main thing in my life and dancing was my main passion. Inevitably XTC and clubbing became my weekend entertainment.

Soon I became psychotic and ended up in hospital on a section. Suffering from delusions some paranoid and some grandiose. When I was released from hospital I spent most of my time in libraries reading books. I went to college and university only to drop out because I got back into smoking marijuana.

I'm now doing an online course and don't take drugs. I just wanted to share a bit of my life with you because it makes me feel good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just wanted to share a bit of my life with you because it makes me feel good.
    Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, you are a truly inspirational person! You have overcome so much to be where you are today - facing addiction is something incredibly hard to do, but you did it.

I'm so glad that your life is in a better place and that you've cleaned yourself up, I hope your mental health is back on track as well. You are amazing, and don't you dare forget it. ❤

(Original post by MissDobalina)
    Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, you are a truly inspirational person! You have overcome so much to be where you are today - facing addiction is something incredibly hard to do, but you did it.

I'm so glad that your life is in a better place and that you've cleaned yourself up, I hope your mental health is back on track as well. You are amazing, and don't you dare forget it. ❤

Thank you Miss Dobalina my mental health has definitely improved.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.