Turn on thread page Beta

Something Interesting to share abt Last Year's M1 paper! watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, when studying the course of M1, I really enjoyed it (I seem to like physics as well so thats why) and I thought the exam will be ace!...BUT something happened!..
    On the day of the exam, we went into the exam room and started the paper..we were well in to the exam (around 45 mins) when the fire bell of the school started to blare!...we all looked up at the invigulators...puzzled..well, anyhow we were told to keep a 2 feet distance from our exam mates and walk out in single file leaving our beloved exam papers behind...we were taken outside the building along with all the school students because apparently there had been a BOMB THREAT!...I live in the Middle east and it was jusne so the heat was unbearable and we stood outside for something like 4 hours while the bomb squad, the police, fire ppl etc came and checked out the school...luckily us exam students were taken in someone's house nearby so that we won't be exposed to the heat too much if had to go back and resume our papers...well, after we were given the all clear sign, we went back and finished the mechanics paper!..and I had another one in the afternoon (Dreaded chemistry paper 3 IGCSE! the extended and most difficult one)..so had to do that oneas well!!!!...glad nothing like that happened this year...cuz this did affect my m1 mark, I got 75% not the predicted above 90%!...

ReputationRep:
    Great, thanks for sharing, anything else youd like to add?

ReputationRep:
    ye we had 2 alarms go off on seperate occasions when i was in exams, there were 3 or 4 more that went while i was just in school revisin aswell. probally even more when i wasn't there. dunno if it was drills or people taking the piss. either way we wern't allowed to leave and assemble in the usual place, were made to stop writing in food tech and then given the time after, but were allowed to continue writing in english and were also given some extra time at the end. can see why they wouldn't want us to leave the hall tho obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Hey wow, someone else apart from me who lives in the Middle East! Which country specifically do you live in, I'm in Bahrain atm. I know what you mean about it being hot, its around 42C here right now.

Out here there's been almost zero security measures, quite surprising as we are only 20 minutes drive away from the place in Saudi where all the bombings have been going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spy_Lord)
    Hey wow, someone else apart from me who lives in the Middle East! Which country specifically do you live in, I'm in Bahrain atm. I know what you mean about it being hot, its around 42C here right now.
    I'm in the Middle-East too -- Jordan to be specific. :eek:

It's kinda warm today, somewhere between 28-32C I think.

ReputationRep:
    Kuwait..thats where I live, but I am not originally from there, was just born here and have lived here for all my life!...Love the place very much!...thats why I am upset abt going to my home country for univ (the good univs here just take Kuwaitis and they also don't have what I want to study-Maths!)

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2004

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.