Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to apply for the American Literature MA at Cambridge for 2017 entry. I know it's early, but does anyone have any advice/experience on the application process?

I'm currently a Philosophy undergraduate and would be interested to know how likely it is for me to be admitted since I haven't studied English since A-level. (Maybe this isn't possible at all!)

Also, what sort of questions are asked at interview/what kind of writing samples are usually submitted?

Many thanks!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MelanieH)
    I'm hoping to apply for the American Literature MA at Cambridge for 2017 entry. I know it's early, but does anyone have any advice/experience on the application process?

I'm currently a Philosophy undergraduate and would be interested to know how likely it is for me to be admitted since I haven't studied English since A-level. (Maybe this isn't possible at all!)

Also, what sort of questions are asked at interview/what kind of writing samples are usually submitted?

Many thanks!
    Hi

sorry noone has answered here in the English and linguistics forum.

I'm going to move your thread to the Postgraduate Applications forum - if you post in the stickied threads then you are more likely to find fellow applicants and students.

Also make sure to check the University of Cambridge forum (and subforums) - there's a lot of information there.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.