Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Have you blocked this girl again?
    If you read his 'How to get over a girl' thread he wrote

The worst thing happened. She unblocked and messaged me saying she heard I am ill and she just messaged to see if im ok. That we are not friends, and that she messaged me because people told her to.

Anyway after a bit of talk, I mentioned being friends again and she said:

I will never be your friend again. So stop begging me. It's disgusting. I have pity on you. You don't deserve to be my friend. I don't like you anymore OK? Why should I give you a chance? U try to talk to someone who doesn't like you. I don't care if you stress, I don't care if you're ill. Just go to the doctor and leave me alone. You are a kid, selfish kid.

And she blocked and spammed me again.

How cruel and evil can someone be? It really hurts.

Anyway, I just off the phone with the counselling, I have a telephone interview booked tomorrow with a therapist. So after that, they will tell me what happens next..

(Original post by believeteam22)
    I just came back from the GP. She said that I am suffering from a lot of anxiety and panic attacks.
    If i was her i would not have made contact with you at all because i knew you would get your hopes up but you could have said 'Why contact me if you want nothing to do with me leave me alone' you need to man up and stand your ground don't let her walk all over you and leave you weeping like a child i'm sure it would have surprised her.
    Oh well time heals all pain and all that *******s you will get over it one day but if i were you i would have shred her to bits and had the last word you had nothing to lose by giving her a piece of your mind if i were you i would not let her humiliate me like that i would have ripped all her gifts and any memories of her and told her to **** off.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by chikane)

The worst thing happened. She unblocked and messaged me saying she heard I am ill and she just messaged to see if im ok. That we are not friends, and that she messaged me because people told her to.

I will never be your friend again. So stop begging me. It's disgusting. I have pity on you. You don't deserve to be my friend. I don't like you anymore OK? Why should I give you a chance? U try to talk to someone who doesn't like you. I don't care if you stress, I don't care if you're ill. Just go to the doctor and leave me alone. You are a kid, selfish kid.

Anyway, I just off the phone with the counselling, I have a telephone interview booked tomorrow with a therapist. So after that, they will tell me what happens next..

If i was her i would not have made contact with you at all because i knew you would get your hopes up but you could have said 'Why contact me if you want nothing to do with me leave me alone' you need to man up and stand your ground don't let her walk all over you and leave you weeping like a child i'm sure it would have surprised her.
    Oh well time heals all pain and all that *******s you will get over it one day but if i were you i would have shred her to bits and had the last word you had nothing to lose by giving her a piece of your mind if i were you i would not let her humiliate me like that i would have ripped all her gifts and any memories of her and told her to **** off.
    I read that thread. Though, ffs, he should just delete her completely off social media and delete her number. He's doing himself no favours and all these threads are proof of that.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I hope so. I am battling with myself to stay calm. I feel like I will breakdown. And I have 2 weeks to get all my uni work done. :/ worst timing ever

I have done that. Am trying but I feel like I will breakdown any time.
    Well, for now I would try and put it out of your mind as best as you can because there isn't anything you can do about it right now. Also, focus on your uni work and study really hard, it'll distract you from your friend and is more beneficial in the long run. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I read that thread. Though, ffs, he should just delete her completely off social media and delete her number. He's doing himself no favours and all these threads are proof of that.
    Yes i think everyone on TSR has read it lol, She is the one that blocked him from everything but yes it is sad.

ReputationRep:

I'm confused by what's happened here. Believeteam hasn't made clear what her first message was after unblocking him. I find it hard to believe she would just unblock him to repeat the 'I want nothing to do with you' speech. He must have provoked her somehow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozen_fire)
    I'm confused by what's happened here. Believeteam hasn't made clear what her first message was after unblocking him. I find it hard to believe she would just unblock him to repeat the 'I want nothing to do with you' speech. He must have provoked her somehow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She wrote this:

Lots of people asked me to message u. That's why I'm messaging u. Otherwise I still think the same I mean I didn't change my decision. I hope you're fine. Do your work please. Don't ask to see me in uni. Don't try to be friend etc. You're just a class mate that's it.

Then she wrote:

I messaged coz ur friend wants coz they said ur really ill. Know that we are not friends.

ReputationRep:
    Just got off the phone from the therapist. He also believes I am experiencing a lot of anxiety and panic attacks. They have put me on the waiting list and said I should hear from them within 4 weeks..

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He didn't make it clear on this thread however the bit i copied and pasted was from that other thread 'How to get over this girl' he has written on that a few days ago (i don't understand why he didn't just wrote that on here).
    Her message since unblocking him was written in the bit you quoted and Believeteam asked to be friends and she got annoyed.She said her friend wanted her to ask how he was but he got clingy and needy again and she blocked him saying she wants nothing to do with him.

ReputationRep:
    He didn't make it clear on this thread however the bit i copied and pasted was from that other thread 'How to get over this girl' he has written on that a few days ago (i don't understand why he didn't just wrote that on here).
    Her message since unblocking him was written in the bit you quoted and Believeteam asked to be friends and she got annoyed.She said her friend wanted her to ask how he was but he got clingy and needy again and she blocked him saying she wants nothing to do with him.
    Well just asking me how I was didn't really help at all. I said can we try and be friends again and she went crazy.

It's so messed up that I miss her even now. I really really miss being friends with her. It was a million times better then what I am feeling now without her in my life.

ReputationRep:
    She wrote this:

Lots of people asked me to message u. That's why I'm messaging u. Otherwise I still think the same I mean I didn't change my decision. I hope you're fine. Do your work please. Don't ask to see me in uni. Don't try to be friend etc. You're just a class mate that's it.

Then she wrote:

I messaged coz ur friend wants coz they said ur really ill. Know that we are not friends.
    Firstly, I think it was a very bad idea from your friends to encourage her to message you in the first place. Secondly, all she's done in the above message is reaffirm her position which was pretty clear from the offset. Thirdly, it was a poor decision from you to reply back cos trying to change her mind was always always going to antagonise her and subsequently cause you more distress.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well just asking me how I was didn't really help at all. I said can we try and be friends again and she went crazy.

It's so messed up that I miss her even now. I really really miss being friends with her. It was a million times better then what I am feeling now without her in my life.
    Did you not read my post before this?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I think it was a very bad idea from your friends to encourage her to message you in the first place. Secondly, all she's done in the above message is reaffirm her position which was pretty clear from the offset. Thirdly, it was a poor decision from you to reply back cos trying to change her mind was always always going to antagonise her and subsequently cause you more distress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True. I felt a lot worse after reading her messages. I don't understand how someone can be that cruel, heartless and mean. It's just inhuman. She knew I was ill and stressed and still did not care. I would never do this to someone. Even if I didn't like them.
    She is just evil.

ReputationRep:
    True. I felt a lot worse after reading her messages. I don't understand how someone can be that cruel, heartless and mean. It's just inhuman. She knew I was ill and stressed and still did not care. I would never do this to someone. Even if I didn't like them.
    She is just evil.
    If she is evil why you clinging onto hopes of being her friend?

ReputationRep:
    Did you not read my post before this?

Sorry, I read it yes. I could have done that. But I just thought let me stay calm and try to convince her. But you saw what she did.
    I could still say something to her now and unleash on her, but what's the point? It will just make me worse. She is heartless.

ReputationRep:
    If she is evil why you clinging onto hopes of being her friend?
    I miss the old times. When we used to be friends. I just cannot quite believe how bad things have got and now she hates me. It's just hard to take in.

I want to be angry at her but I can't. I liked her so much but now it's just what was it all for? I can't explain it but this I feel really alone (even though I have other friends). She was my MAIN friend. I spend so much time with her that now, I feel like something big is missing from my life.
    In 3-4 weeks I'm done with uni and then I will never see her again.

And I am still struggling to do my work. I know I will be in panic mode in the last week.

ReputationRep:
    She is just evil.
    If you read yourself back, isn't it screaming out at you to stop persisting and accept that chasing someone who inherently dislikes you is a waste of time? All you are doing by responding is giving her the fuel to emphasize and re-emphasize the obvious i.e. she doesn't want you in her life period. Plus it massages her ego knowing she remains so desirable to you.

ReputationRep:
    If you read yourself back, isn't it screaming out at you to stop persisting and accept that chasing someone who inherently dislikes you is a waste of time? All you are doing by responding is giving her the fuel to emphasize and re-emphasize the obvious i.e. she doesn't want you in her life period. Plus it massages her ego knowing she remains so desirable to you.
    Yes. I know. That's the problem. I am having a very hard time letting go. I put so much into this friendship over the last 2 years and it's gone up in flames right before my eyes.
    I don't understand myself. After all the things she has said to me and the way she has treated me, I still want her. What is wrong with me? I am so hung up on her.

By the way, 1 thing I left out was that she said she was going to change her number. That's good, at least I will never be able to contact her now.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I know. That's the problem. I am having a very hard time letting go. I put so much into this friendship over the last 2 years and it's gone up in flames right before my eyes.
    I don't understand myself. After all the things she has said to me and the way she has treated me, I still want her. What is wrong with me? I am so hung up on her.

By the way, 1 thing I left out was that she said she was going to change her number. That's good, at least I will never be able to contact her now.
    This is the sort of thing you will have to discuss with your therapist. You have deep seated emotional attachment issues that need addressing. As a follower of these threads for over a year now, my conclusion is you have very little else to focus on in your life that brings you joy or excitement, and by building your entire happiness around someone you were both in love with and infatuated by, you set yourself up for a massive fall when neither of those emotions were reciprocated.

ReputationRep:
    This is the sort of thing you will have to discuss with your therapist. You have deep seated emotional attachment issues that need addressing. As a follower of these threads for over a year now, my conclusion is you have very little else to focus on in your life that brings you joy or excitement, and by building your entire happiness around someone you were both in love with and infatuated by, you set yourself up for a massive fall when neither of those emotions were reciprocated.
    You seem to make a lot of sense. And I think you're right. 100%. It's like my happiness depends on her. Which is very wrong.

What can I do in the mean time? I mean I feel a lot of anxiety, panic attacks, etc. I feel heartbroken and really sad. The doctor gave me sertraline tablets. I don't really want to take anti-depressants but I don't know..

ReputationRep:
    You seem to make a lot of sense. And I think you're right. 100%. It's like my happiness depends on her. Which is very wrong.

What can I do in the mean time? I mean I feel a lot of anxiety, panic attacks, etc. I feel heartbroken and really sad. The doctor gave me sertraline tablets. I don't really want to take anti-depressants but I don't know..
    It's up to you- if the doctor's prescribed anti-depressants then there should be no harm in taking them to ease the panic/anxiety attacks. I think once you have physically left university, that will help you to detach from alot of the negativity associated with your time there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.