Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozen_fire)
    The only place she still exists is in your head. You are never going to see her again. She is never going to be your friend again. And you can no longer harass her in uni to change her obviously made up mind because it's over. No more excuses. If you continue to wallow then that's your prerogative but she's completely out of your life now.

The past is the past. Once you go several months without physically seeing someone in person or having any contact with them, they start to occupy your thoughts less. Make that a year and it becomes even less. In any case, there are now fewer opportunities for you to create any dramas regarding her because she is no longer a physical presence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But I feel hurt and pain. I feel really upset. I saw her today unfortunately. But I didn't try to talk to her. So I'm glad I controlled myself.

Yeah after many months she will become a distant memory I hope. But right now, it really sucks. I really wanted to say something to her but I haven't. I feel anger and sadness. It's eating me up. I know it's over, but I'm having a hard time accepting it.

ReputationRep:
    I came to uni today to do my work but after seeing her, it completely ruined my mood and made me upset so I'm going home. Unbelievable. How can 1 person affect me that much?
    I'm really annoyed. I was not supposed to see her today!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also so obsessed with my crush except she is actually really nice to me which makes it even harder to not think about her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forumaddict)
    I'm also so obsessed with my crush except she is actually really nice to me which makes it even harder to not think about her
    She used to be nice to me too. Seems like a life time ago. I'm stuck in the past. I can't come the grips with the fact that she is gone. This hurts. Maybe time will heal but right now, my life is upside down.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering when you and believeteam would come into contact. You are literally two peas in a pod when it comes to infatuation and obsessive tendencies.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering when you and believeteam would come into contact. You are literally two peas in a pod when it comes to infatuation and obsessive tendencies.
    Wish i could rep again they are probably pm'ing each other now.

ReputationRep:
    How funny, I was literally thinking the other day about whether or not they'd come into contact

ReputationRep:
    People say it's better to just love one individual and not to be a typical guy who sleeps around and stuff and is desperate for sex but when you actually are the type to go for one person and one person only people call you freak and weird. People have similar responses to his threads and mine and sometimes they are mean but some people have also had really sweet replies to my threads so thank you to all those <3 you all (but not a much as I <3 her)

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    How funny, I was literally thinking the other day about whether or not they'd come into contact
    I posted in his threads a few times but I don't really understand the back story

ReputationRep:
    There's lots of parallels between them. I've thought for some time that it would be an interesting social experiment were they to exchange messages on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Wish i could rep again they are probably pm'ing each other now.
    Who knows! Thanks for the rep btw, I don't see it on here cos the TSR mobile app weirdly has no system in place to rate members.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to tell you, but your obsession with her is clearly a sign of an internal mental issue.

Even if somehow you both started going out, the relationship wouldn't work, because it would be too one sided. The level of clinginess and obsession that you show (even when outside a relationship) is far beyond a level of abnormal.

If she didn't exist, you would probably attach yourself to someone else. She isn't special by all means (and doesn't treat you that well anyway), it's just that your mind has become so fixated on her, probably in order to deal with your overwhelming loneliness, lack of a confidante and affection.

I mean why else would you repeatedly make threads on TSR. I don't believe you are looking for advice or help, it's more like you just need people to confide in.

ReputationRep:
    People say it's better to just love one individual and not to be a typical guy who sleeps around and stuff and is desperate for sex but when you actually are the type to go for one person and one person only people call you freak and weird. People have similar responses to his threads and mine and sometimes they are mean but some people have also had really sweet replies to my threads so thank you to all those <3 you all (but not a much as I <3 her)

I posted in his threads a few times but I don't really understand the back story
    The thing with your story is that you have a chance to tell this girl how you feel and you never know she might feel the same way about you. You are posting many threads about how much you like this girl and how its too late but is it really?

Believeteam has no chance to salvage his friendship with this girl its too late but for you its not. He likes a girl that wants nothing to do with him and is so horrible to him.

ReputationRep:
    Off to uni. If I see her again I will go crazy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarius)
    I'm sorry to tell you, but your obsession with her is clearly a sign of an internal mental issue.

Even if somehow you both started going out, the relationship wouldn't work, because it would be too one sided. The level of clinginess and obsession that you show (even when outside a relationship) is far beyond a level of abnormal.

If she didn't exist, you would probably attach yourself to someone else. She isn't special by all means (and doesn't treat you that well anyway), it's just that your mind has become so fixated on her, probably in order to deal with your overwhelming loneliness, lack of a confidante and affection.

I mean why else would you repeatedly make threads on TSR. I don't believe you are looking for advice or help, it's more like you just need people to confide in.
    Probably true. I feel like I am crazy about her now. I don't know how this happened. I really don't know..you might be right. But I really miss her and how things used to be. With hindsight, I can see where I went wrong and I wish I just had another chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    The thing with your story is that you have a chance to tell this girl how you feel and you never know she might feel the same way about you. You are posting many threads about how much you like this girl and how its too late but is it really?

Believeteam has no chance to salvage his friendship with this girl its too late but for you its not. He likes a girl that wants nothing to do with him and is so horrible to him.
    I think it's too late because I had chances before to get her number or stuff but I pussied out due to shyness. Could there still be time ? But what exactly can I do? I can tell all the possible oppurtunities I get to see her/walk past her because I've kind of studied her routines quite a lot over the past year and although she isn't that consistent I have a good idea of what she is doing and when if that helps

ReputationRep:
    The easiest way to forget something, is to replace it.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's too late because I had chances before to get her number or stuff but I pussied out due to shyness. Could there still be time ? But what exactly can I do? I can tell all the possible oppurtunities I get to see her/walk past her because I've kind of studied her routines quite a lot over the past year and although she isn't that consistent I have a good idea of what she is doing and when if that helps
    That's incredibly creepy. If she saw this she'd run a mile from you.

ReputationRep:
    this is hilarious

ReputationRep:
    That's incredibly creepy. If she saw this she'd run a mile from you.
    But what else was I meant to do? What would you have done in my position? It's different for girls because you aren't excepted to approach the person you like you just give thm signals and wait for then to approach you. When you are a guy but get very nervous around the girl you like it makes things difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by believeteam22)
    But I feel hurt and pain. I feel really upset. I saw her today unfortunately. But I didn't try to talk to her. So I'm glad I controlled myself.

Yeah after many months she will become a distant memory I hope. But right now, it really sucks. I really wanted to say something to her but I haven't. I feel anger and sadness. It's eating me up. I know it's over, but I'm having a hard time accepting it.
    Hello :wavey:. Despite the advice I'm about to give you I understand how you feel.

Realize that life, and everything in it, is a lot more meaningless than you think it is. You might think this girl's special or important. That is not the reality. That's all in your mind, because you keep thinking about her.

No matter who you have in life, you can't escape from yourself. Let's say you get this girl. She won't make your problems go away, or give you confidence, or make your lack of a self-esteem, lack of a self-efficiency and self loathing go away.

Happiness comes from within. You can choose to be happy, and thus become a happy person with or without that girl.

Everything in life goes away in the end. All but one thing, your self. You have no choice but to stay with yourself forever. So you may as well learn to love yourself. In the end, everyone's gone and you are all you have.

Perhaps you can try getting into the habit of thinking thoughts like these. Listen to some affirmations on letting go. Give it some time, then see if it helps.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.