Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Slept with friend's ex on a drunk night Watch

A good friend of mine recently split up with his girlfriend. I met her a few times when I'm out drinking with my mates, she would sometime join in. I would talk to her for abit, just saw her as my mate's girlfriend that loosely friends with because of him.

He ended up splitting up with her, I don't know the ins and outs. I'm quite out going with other friends often go back for casual sex with girls I know. I was out one night and I saw her with a friend so went over to say hello, just being friendly. She joined in with my group chatting about normal things, she did ask me a lot of questions about my life like if I had a girlfriend etc. She asked if she could come back to mine as we carry on after the club closes.

She came to my flat and got quite drunk so wasn't in a state to go back on her own and her friend had left after the club. So I said she could sleep over, I meant she would stay in the living room while I slept in my bed, she was passed out on the sofa when everyone left so I put a blanket over her.

I was just being nice, I had no interest in her more than that knowing she's one of my best friend's ex. During the night she got on my bed with me, I heard her coming in but was too tired to open my eyes, I turned over to face her, I could feel her trying to get close to me trying to arouse me.

Long story short we did it but now I'm totally regretting it as I feel like I'm going behind a friends back. She keeps asking to come over mine again but at moment I'm saying I'm busy working and worried if she talks my mate he'll find out. Should I tell him myself or leave it? I'm just worried what's going to happen. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    If you think its wrong and feels like you're 'betraying' your friend, then maybe you should just be honest with her about it.

EDIT: Sorry. Misread the post and just realized you did already sleep with her. I might consider the likelihood of him finding out, but as said below; hearing it from you in person is ideal.

ReputationRep:
    Your friend would rather hear it from you than from anyone else. The fact he broke up with her plays well in your favour. Explain yourself well and just accept the consequences. Good luck.

Oh and make sure you do this in person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A good friend of mine recently split up with his girlfriend. I met her a few times when I'm out drinking with my mates, she would sometime join in. I would talk to her for abit, just saw her as my mate's girlfriend that loosely friends with because of him.

He ended up splitting up with her, I don't know the ins and outs. I'm quite out going with other friends often go back for casual sex with girls I know. I was out one night and I saw her with a friend so went over to say hello, just being friendly. She joined in with my group chatting about normal things, she did ask me a lot of questions about my life like if I had a girlfriend etc. She asked if she could come back to mine as we carry on after the club closes.

She came to my flat and got quite drunk so wasn't in a state to go back on her own and her friend had left after the club. So I said she could sleep over, I meant she would stay in the living room while I slept in my bed, she was passed out on the sofa when everyone left so I put a blanket over her.

I was just being nice, I had no interest in her more than that knowing she's one of my best friend's ex. During the night she got on my bed with me, I heard her coming in but was too tired to open my eyes, I turned over to face her, I could feel her trying to get close to me trying to arouse me.

Long story short we did it but now I'm totally regretting it as I feel like I'm going behind a friends back. She keeps asking to come over mine again but at moment I'm saying I'm busy working and worried if she talks my mate he'll find out. Should I tell him myself or leave it? I'm just worried what's going to happen. What should I do?
    How long were they going out for?

(Original post by Anonymous)

A similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago without going into too much depth my best friends ex took advantage of my comatose drunken state ( I'm not saying that's what you did).
    However I felt horrible. I told my friend straight and they were angry understandably, but it was much better for them to hear from me other than someone else. Also I felt a huge relief telling them, it was out in the open and done, rather than living in fear of when will they find out and who will tell them.
    The best thing to do is be honest,you've done wrong and that's the first step to putting it right.

ReputationRep:
    She fondled you when you were drunk and trying to sleep, it was a dark and stormy night, that absolves any man from sin

(Original post by nase14_aldayz)
    How long were they going out for?
    I think about over a year maybe a bit more

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.