Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I may put up a poll asking for the right to appoint a 'proxy' for a week or so. Perhaps that's what the amendment should be.
    I think if the person isn't doing much most of the time other then just watching that would be a better solution because this second deputy could just disappear and odds are no one would notice.
    Relax mate. Get an ice cream or something.
    Ohhh, are you offering?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    I think if the person isn't doing much most of the time other then just watching that would be a better solution because this second deputy could just disappear and odds are no one would notice.

Ohhh, are you offering?
    Yeah they could disappear and no one would notice. I don't see that as a downside.

Do remember that this wasn't originally my idea - I know there are several members of this House that indicated they'd like to try their hand at the Speakership and I'm simply trying to facilitate that, whilst making provision for a upcoming clash between toronto and my schedules.

Only for JD. He needs it more.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah they could disappear and no one would notice. I don't see that as a downside.

Do remember that this wasn't originally my idea - I know there are several members of this House that indicated they'd like to try their hand at the Speakership and I'm simply trying to facilitate that, whilst making provision for a upcoming clash between toronto and my schedules.

Only for JD. He needs it more.
    Yes I know, who has actually offered to do it again? Other then Hazzer I can't think of anyone.

So you won't pay for my liter glass of strawberry, mint and rum raisin ice cream swirl with extra whipped cream and a cocoa dusting
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    So you won't pay for my liter glass of strawberry, mint and rum raisin ice cream swirl with extra whipped cream and a cocoa dusting
    Not until you develop functioning taste-buds.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yes I know, who has actually offered to do it again? Other then Hazzer I can't think of anyone.

No we bloody well won't you cheeky so and so!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)

The candidates to the Speakership... like you... and the people who considered running but did not like cranbrook.

That sounds absolutely fantastic. But no. I'll join you for one though.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    The candidates to the Speakership... like you... and the people who considered running but did not like cranbrook.

That sounds absolutely fantastic. But no. I'll join you for one though.
    I did?! well I don't remember that. But then again I often struggle to remember wether I was for or against a bill when it goes to division.

And that would be marvellous except you can't until you

(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    develop functioning taste-buds.
    Apparently Ray...

(Original post by toronto353)
    No we bloody well won't you cheeky so and so!
    Hey!!! If you don't ask you don't get.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    I did?! well I don't remember that. But then again I often struggle to remember wether I was for or against a bill when it goes to division.

And that would be marvellous except you can't until you

Apparently Ray...
    I didn't mean that you wanted to be DS (though I'll admit I did think you were one of those) I meant you "indicated you'd like to try your hand at the Speakership" by running for the Speakership. hazzer and adam were the ones who definitely indicated they wanted to run for Deputy.

It would seem our right honourable Prime Minister of the United Kingdom is rather particular when it comes to frozen treats.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I didn't mean that you wanted to be DS (though I'll admit I did think you were one of those) I meant you "indicated you'd like to try your hand at the Speakership" by running for the Speakership. hazzer and adam were the ones who definitely indicated they wanted to run for Deputy.

It would seem our right honourable Prime Minister of the United Kingdom is rather particular when it comes to frozen treats.
    Oh yes, but I'm not sure I would want to be the DCWM. Although if you do decide to continue with this amendment could I suggest preventing the CWM &DCWM from holding any party leadership position at the same time as holding the title. In the interests of neutrality. I know Toronto wouldn't do it anyway but just for the future.

Indubitably.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

"Dead flies" are unwelcome in my ice cream and strawberry should ever be served in a cup with mint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

Should a second deputy speaker be elected, I would throw my hat into the ring!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    "Dead flies" are unwelcome in my ice cream and strawberry should ever be served in a cup with mint.
    Powerful words from the PM.

(Original post by Aph)
    Oh yes, but I'm not sure I would want to be the DCWM. Although if you do decide to continue with this amendment could I suggest preventing the CWM &DCWM from holding any party leadership position at the same time as holding the title. In the interests of neutrality. I know Toronto wouldn't do it anyway but just for the future.

Indubitably.
    Fair enough.

There's a thought.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Relax mate. Get an ice cream or something.
    I am relaxed, around a fire after some great polo and dinner under an amazing night sky with brilliant wine I got in a bar for only 280 Rand and god knows how much it would have been in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I am relaxed, around a fire after some great polo and dinner under an amazing night sky with brilliant wine I got in a bar for only 280 Rand and god knows how much it would have been in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jeez, you really pushed the boat out. I think the ice cream (potentially with chocolate sprinkles) would have sufficed but whatever it takes to get you brimming with positive energy for when you return to the House in the fullest capacity.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Jeez, you really pushed the boat out. I think the ice cream (potentially with chocolate sprinkles) would have sufficed but whatever it takes to get you brimming with positive energy for when you return to the House in the fullest capacity.
    The joints (for mod team, not endorsing illegal activities, it be where i am, don't do drugs kids ) do that good too mobbsy91 and I should be back in full on Friday
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Nay.

I don't support a second deputy speaker and even if i can't stop you creating one i can do what i can to stop any further codification.

If your and Toronto's absence is going to occur once then we don't really need this. If it will occur more than once then you are both insufficiently committed and i say that as somebody who voted for you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aye
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This has entered cessation.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    This has been withdrawn

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.