The Student Room Group

What is short?

I'm not sure if I've misread my height but it seems like I'm only like 5 foot 3, but I've been made fun off for being short and I am taller than quite a lot of people I know?

Surely if I was 5 foot 3, it would be more detrimental to me? Or do I just interact with short people?

Edit: After further checking, I am 5 foot 5
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

the average male height in the UK is 5 foot 9 inches, so yeah you'd be on the short side
I'd say under 5 foot would be short in general but obviously we only see it from our own perspective, I feel quite short as a lot of the people I know are giants lol. Doesn't really matter anyway :smile:
Reply 3
im 5"10 rip

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by Mayhem™
the average male height in the UK is 5 foot 9 inches, so yeah you'd be on the short side

Is there a place to find average height by city? Because I feel unusually average for my small height, 6 inches should be a big difference right?
Original post by Dinasaurus
Is there a place to find average height by city? Because I feel unusually average for my small height, 6 inches should be a big difference right?

googling that could give results but I wouldn't be hopeful, I'm below average but only turned 16 recently
5,9/5,10 master race.
I am "6" feet tall, and sometimes I feel small.:redface:
Reply 8
I feel short at 5-9
You must hang around with some tiny people. Most of the guys I know are at least 6 foot.

You are short af.
Original post by DiddyDec
You must hang around with some tiny people. Most of the guys I know are at least 6 foot.

You are short af.

A lot of my friends are girls and like Asian (like East Asian) and the other asian, so maybe that is why?
<5'9
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
<5'9

It just seems odd, why haven't I been bullied for being short, I want the experience. People say people my height stick out and are treated differently but I've never felt different.
Original post by Kreme De Kreme

Wow, I guess you must have lots of tall friends. I think if I was 6 foot tall, I'd be amongst the tallest out of the people I know.
It just seems odd, why haven't I been bullied for being short, I want the experience. People say people my height stick out and are treated differently but I've never felt different.

It's not a really a reason to bully someone, you might be really intelligent or charismatic so it's not like it matters.
Wow, I guess you must have lots of tall friends. I think if I was 6 foot tall, I'd be amongst the tallest out of the people I know.

Really? Well I do live in a big city in the UK. So might be why.:tongue:

Whereabouts are you from, you have a Seychelles flag on your profile, so I am guessing you currently reside over in the Indian Ocean?
Really? Well I do live in a big city in the UK. So might be why.:tongue:

Whereabouts are you from, you have a Seychelles flag on your profile, so I am guessing you currently reside over in the Indian Ocean?

That's where I'm from but I live in the UK, my city isn't that big although it is bigger than Seychelles.

It definitely isn't a major city in England with a population of around 100,000 but I do feel unusually average.

I'm not sure if it's a mental thing because I do know tall people and I just find them unusual rather than vice versa.

A few of my friends are female and not ethnically European, which might be why I'm taller than quite a few of them.

Like compared to my mother I'm over 15cm taller than her, which probably helps me feel more 'normal'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mayhem™

How tall are you? :h:

:toofunny:

Errrm excuse me, I'm 5'2. Are you telling me I don't even exist?:colonhash::tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest