Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I've misread my height but it seems like I'm only like 5 foot 3, but I've been made fun off for being short and I am taller than quite a lot of people I know?

Surely if I was 5 foot 3, it would be more detrimental to me? Or do I just interact with short people?

Edit: After further checking, I am 5 foot 5

ReputationRep:
    the average male height in the UK is 5 foot 9 inches, so yeah you'd be on the short side

ReputationRep:
    I'd say under 5 foot would be short in general but obviously we only see it from our own perspective, I feel quite short as a lot of the people I know are giants lol. Doesn't really matter anyway

ReputationRep:
    im 5"10 rip

Spoiler:
    Show
    tbh mate, it doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    the average male height in the UK is 5 foot 9 inches, so yeah you'd be on the short side
    Is there a place to find average height by city? Because I feel unusually average for my small height, 6 inches should be a big difference right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Is there a place to find average height by city? Because I feel unusually average for my small height, 6 inches should be a big difference right?
    googling that could give results but I wouldn't be hopeful, I'm below average but only turned 16 recently

ReputationRep:
    5,9/5,10 master race.

ReputationRep:
    I am "6" feet tall, and sometimes I feel small.

ReputationRep:
    I feel short at 5-9

ReputationRep:
    You must hang around with some tiny people. Most of the guys I know are at least 6 foot.

You are short af.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    You must hang around with some tiny people. Most of the guys I know are at least 6 foot.

You are short af.
    A lot of my friends are girls and like Asian (like East Asian) and the other asian, so maybe that is why?

ReputationRep:
    <5'9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    <5'9
    It just seems odd, why haven't I been bullied for being short, I want the experience. People say people my height stick out and are treated differently but I've never felt different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreme De Kreme)
    Wow, I guess you must have lots of tall friends. I think if I was 6 foot tall, I'd be amongst the tallest out of the people I know.

ReputationRep:
    It just seems odd, why haven't I been bullied for being short, I want the experience. People say people my height stick out and are treated differently but I've never felt different.
    It's not a really a reason to bully someone, you might be really intelligent or charismatic so it's not like it matters.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I guess you must have lots of tall friends. I think if I was 6 foot tall, I'd be amongst the tallest out of the people I know.
    Really? Well I do live in a big city in the UK. So might be why.

Whereabouts are you from, you have a Seychelles flag on your profile, so I am guessing you currently reside over in the Indian Ocean?

ReputationRep:
    Really? Well I do live in a big city in the UK. So might be why.

Whereabouts are you from, you have a Seychelles flag on your profile, so I am guessing you currently reside over in the Indian Ocean?
    That's where I'm from but I live in the UK, my city isn't that big although it is bigger than Seychelles.

It definitely isn't a major city in England with a population of around 100,000 but I do feel unusually average.

I'm not sure if it's a mental thing because I do know tall people and I just find them unusual rather than vice versa.

A few of my friends are female and not ethnically European, which might be why I'm taller than quite a few of them.

Like compared to my mother I'm over 15cm taller than her, which probably helps me feel more 'normal'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)

How tall are you?

ReputationRep:

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Errrm excuse me, I'm 5'2. Are you telling me I don't even exist?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.