Turn on thread page Beta

What is short? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Yes and oh not to forget, short is cute!
    Eh, maybe to a paedo.

ReputationRep:
    Wallahi Abdi, Wallahi!

Yes and oh not to forget, short is cute!
    Yeah it might be because I myself am short but I find tall to be a bit off-putting for girls, no offense to those who are tall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Eh, maybe to a paedo.
    You do realise that many adult women are short too? Women are mostly short, what's the issue in it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Yeah it might be because I myself am short but I find tall to be a bit off-putting for girls, no offense to those who are tall.
    The thing is that some people are short and other are tall but we're all human at the end of the day, don't see the issue. Yes, we do have preferences and that's okay but no need to be rude. Anyway, my friend is like 5'10 and I'm 5'2 and we both are amazing! IDEC!

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that many adult women are short too? Women are mostly short, what's the issue in it?
    There isn't one we just like taking the piss. Tbf as long as you are shorter than me or same size (5'9) idc how short a girl is

ReputationRep:
    The thing is that some people are short and other are tall but we're all human at the end of the day, don't see the issue. Yes, we do have preferences and that's okay but no need to be rude. Anyway, my friend is like 5'10 and I'm 5'2 and we both are amazing! IDEC!
    I wasn't trying to be rude.

ReputationRep:
    women =/= manlets

fite me

i tried so hard and got so far but in the end it didnt even matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    There isn't one we just like taking the piss. Tbf as long as you are shorter than me or same size (5'9) idc how short a girl is
    Errm...don't really get the first line tbh.

I wasn't trying to be rude.
    I know you weren't I was just saying in general
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    women =/= manlets

fite me

i tried so hard and got so far but in the end it didnt even matter
    Cool story bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    How tall are you?
    5ft7 at the moment (I say that because I'm only 16 so it's subject to change)

ReputationRep:
    Well dude, I'm 5"8. At home, I'm the tallest. At school, I'm a dwarf. XD All kinds of people out there, short and tall. Posing the title "what is short?" kinda makes it seem like it's a bad thing, which I don't think it is. You probably didn't mean for it to sound that way anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Errm...don't really get the first line tbh.

I know you weren't I was just saying in general

Cool story bro
    It means it wasn't serious it was just meant to annoy you. Now you've said you don't understand it I question my entire fluency in English. I wonder how many people have been giving me weird looks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    It means it wasn't serious it was just meant to annoy you. Now you've said you don't understand it I question my entire fluency in English. I wonder how many people have been giving me weird looks?
    Lool no your English is fine. Its just me, I'm tired. But thanks for explaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    5ft7 at the moment (I say that because I'm only 16 so it's subject to change)

That's fine.

So do you have a target height then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Well dude, I'm 5"8. At home, I'm the tallest. At school, I'm a dwarf. XD All kinds of people out there, short and tall. Posing the title "what is short?" kinda makes it seem like it's a bad thing, which I don't think it is. You probably didn't mean for it to sound that way anyway.
    Your school must be insanely tall.

I basically meant what do people see as short but it seems as though most people consider anything below average or even 5'10 to be short, which I find a bit unbelievable.

Like at school there was a girl who was like 4 foot 10, she was clearly much shorter than everyone else and most people described her with her height. I wanted to know what height qualifies you for being especially short?

ReputationRep:
    Your school must be insanely tall.

I basically meant what do people see as short but it seems as though most people consider anything below average or even 5'10 to be short, which I find a bit unbelievable.

Like at school there was a girl who was like 4 foot 10, she was clearly much shorter than everyone else and most people described her with her height. I wanted to know what height qualifies you for being especially short?
    Haha yeah my school is full of really tall people xD I have a friend who's 6 ft 7 for example. Yes, he is dang tall hahaha.

I think short is probably around the 5 ft mark if I'm being honest, but I guess it depends what environment you're in; you're gonna look taller in certain environments and shorter in others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You poor thing.

OP: anything less than 6 foot is short for a guy.
    Jealous of my supreme height, its the average for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    why are you worried about being short? my dad is like 5 foot 4 lol

ReputationRep:
    I would say 5 ft 2 is short and anything less is almost invisible to me

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I've misread my height but it seems like I'm only like 5 foot 3, but I've been made fun off for being short and I am taller than quite a lot of people I know?

Surely if I was 5 foot 3, it would be more detrimental to me? Or do I just interact with short people?

Edit: After further checking, I am 5 foot 5
    short is slang for 2g columbian hash brown

as long as ur taller than 4.20 mm its all gd my brudda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontknowmedoyou)
    why are you worried about being short? my dad is like 5 foot 4 lol
    I'm not worried, my thread was more about. Should I be worried because I don't feel short.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.