Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyballerina)
    If worst comes to worst, do biology/biomedical science. Then join a 4 year graduate medicine course.
    You make it sound so easy :rolleyes:

Sarky - I'm with the others. Push for special consideration. And that offer still stands if you need to go for Jan resits/first time sits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    You make it sound so easy :rolleyes:

Sarky - I'm with the others. Push for special consideration. And that offer still stands if you need to go for Jan resits/first time sits!
    hey fluffy!

i wrote to barts informing them of my car accident before one of my determining exams, do you think they'll take that into consideration in case i drop a grade, which i'm really worried i will?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    hey fluffy!

i wrote to barts informing them of my car accident before one of my determining exams, do you think they'll take that into consideration in case i drop a grade, which i'm really worried i will?
    I've PMed you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    I've PMed you
    Thankyou! i've PMed you back, lol!

ReputationRep:

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yesterday was a really bad day. Today has been slightly better.

I went to the hospital and saw the Consultant. I told her i didn't want her opinion just a letter outlining the facts. I was so worried about going back to see the silly cow that i made myself have another panic attack last night! People that know me know that i'm very good on the outside of making it seem as though nothing gets to me...Oh well least i won't have to see her again!

I phoned up my GP this morning at 8 and begged for an appointment. She's leaving for Canada tomorrow for 6 weeks and i managed to get an appointment. She was really lovely and wrote a letter explaining everything. Hopefully along with the consultants letter (which i asked for about 2 weeks ago) and my GP's letter along with a letter i plan to write myself i hope i can at least get my place deferred. If i loose the place then it happens, i'll move on and find another way.

Medicine is a long hard degree, i agree with the fact that people will have concerns about my ability to complete the course. However i feel that a lot of my problems are related to my location and moving away will make a big difference. I have also just been informed that i have been receiving the wrong type of therapy for the past 4 years which is very annoying. I also think that my strength of character has got me this far, and i hope the medical world may be a better place for having people who are able to have a more empathatic stance with patients because of their past experiences.

Although i felt tempted to tell the consultant to ram her valentino heels into her eye sockets and stick her advice up her a*se, sometimes its better to keep schtum and get what you want.

Thank you for the offer of help if i end up resitting in january. Med school will be keeping you far too busy i imagine, but the thought means a lot to me.

Enough of me rambling, thanks for the support guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yesterday was a really bad day. Today has been slightly better.

I went to the hospital and saw the Consultant. I told her i didn't want her opinion just a letter outlining the facts. I was so worried about going back to see the silly cow that i made myself have another panic attack last night! People that know me know that i'm very good on the outside of making it seem as though nothing gets to me...Oh well least i won't have to see her again!

I phoned up my GP this morning at 8 and begged for an appointment. She's leaving for Canada tomorrow for 6 weeks and i managed to get an appointment. She was really lovely and wrote a letter explaining everything. Hopefully along with the consultants letter (which i asked for about 2 weeks ago) and my GP's letter along with a letter i plan to write myself i hope i can at least get my place deferred. If i loose the place then it happens, i'll move on and find another way.

Medicine is a long hard degree, i agree with the fact that people will have concerns about my ability to complete the course. However i feel that a lot of my problems are related to my location and moving away will make a big difference. I have also just been informed that i have been receiving the wrong type of therapy for the past 4 years which is very annoying. I also think that my strength of character has got me this far, and i hope the medical world may be a better place for having people who are able to have a more empathatic stance with patients because of their past experiences.

Although i felt tempted to tell the consultant to ram her valentino heels into her eye sockets and stick her advice up her a*se, sometimes its better to keep schtum and get what you want.

Thank you for the offer of help if i end up resitting in january. Med school will be keeping you far too busy i imagine, but the thought means a lot to me.

Enough of me rambling, thanks for the support guys.
    That's far better news. Hope it all goes well (as it sounds as if it's starting to go better).

ReputationRep:
    :ugs::

Sorry to hear you've had a tough time. It just isn't fair that there are procedures put in place for students to help them in situations like yours, but some people (i.e that b*tch of a consultant) just aren't willing to help.

I'm wishing you all the best for the future

ReputationRep:
    Yayy, that's great news. I hope it all works out for you in the end, I'm sure it will.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.