Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I'm in year 12 and currently thinking of either going the Physicist route at university or the medical route. Which is why, I want to get some work experience in both so that I can compare them and decide which route I like better. I've got the physics sorted so that's not a problem. Any ideas/ suggestions on how I might go about getting work experience/ shadow work placement in a neuroscience-related place would be very very helpful. I plan to these either in the upcoming easter holidays or during the Summer, either of them are welcome. Thanks

    I'm sorry, I don't have an answer but I'm also interested in neuroscience and I've never heard of the physicist route. Could you explain it to me?

    P.S. I've heard that there are BScs in neuroscience so couldn't one just take a neuroscience degree immeidately or is it better to go through a medical route or as you said a physicist route?

    can't imagine anywhere they'd let you other than perhaps shadowing MRI scans lol
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    Get in somewhere linked to neuroscience or netwrok heavily to get some workshadowing. I doubt they will let you anywhere near, but there could be lots of companies working on relevant areas or charities dealing with issues of people affected. Clearly people get on that degree and they have found things to impress the course organisers.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 21, 2016
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.