The Student Room Group

What exactly is meant by "main purpose to receive full-time education"

On the UKCISA website, there are criteria to qualify for home fee status.One of the criteria is:

(d) the main purpose for your residence in the UK and Islands must not have been to receive full-time education during any part of that three-year period.

My dad came to the UK in 2006 and I came here by the end of 2013. During the period of residence in the UK I am dependent on him. If I take a gap year before I go to uni I can get an ILR which meets the first criteria of "settled in the UK", but I am very unsure about the criteria I listed above.

It is a problem because I have to take a gap year to get the ILR before the first day of the course, which I don't want to take, unless I can be categorised as a home student. But if after the gap year I still cannot be treated as home student because of the criteria I listed, it will be not good. So I do want to be sure about this.

Anybody can help me? Thanks.
It means that you must have come over here for reasons other than education. For example, some people come over here to work, they may come over here to look after a sick relative, etc. Basically, your purpose of being in the UK can't be to have just have received education.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending