Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Just though I should warn every EU students, as I was too caught by surprise, that the minimum UK residence for Maintenance loan applications for EU students is going to rise from 3 to 5 years by the 24th of March!!

I'm an EU student just about to complete my 3rd year in the UK, and I've always know that it would be fine for me to get a maintenance loan as by the time I finished my college course I would have already completed my 3rd year here, but had I left it 5 more days before I applied for student finance (I applied today) I would have to wait another 2 years until I could get a maintenance loan!

I don't want anyone being screwed over this, so here is a reminder: Apply for your student finance ASAP, if you need a maintenance loan, are an EU student residing in the UK for over 3 years but under 5!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Boy12)
    Hi everyone!

Just though I should warn every EU students, as I was too caught by surprise, that the minimum UK residence for Maintenance loan applications for EU students is going to rise from 3 to 5 years by the 24th of March!!

I'm an EU student just about to complete my 3rd year in the UK, and I've always know that it would be fine for me to get a maintenance loan as by the time I finished my college course I would have already completed my 3rd year here, but had I left it 5 more days before I applied for student finance (I applied today) I would have to wait another 2 years until I could get a maintenance loan!

I don't want anyone being screwed over this, so here is a reminder: Apply for your student finance ASAP, if you need a maintenance loan, are an EU student residing in the UK for over 3 years but under 5!
    Do you need to provide evidence that you've been residing in th UK for over 3 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahaley)
    Do you need to provide evidence that you've been residing in th UK for over 3 years?
    Yes, to be entitled to receive a Maintenance loan I need to prove that, and in 2 days it will be 5 years instead of 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Boy12)
    Yes, to be entitled to receive a Maintenance loan I need to prove that, and in 2 days it will be 5 years instead of 3.
    I have completed my student finance application, and they asked my to post my original passport to prove I am from the EU. They haven't asked me to prove that I have been residing in the uk for 3 years, which I am assuming they will after they receive my passport.

Should I send the evidence anyway? what did you send as evidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahaley)
    I have completed my student finance application, and they asked my to post my original passport to prove I am from the EU. They haven't asked me to prove that I have been residing in the uk for 3 years, which I am assuming they will after they receive my passport.

Should I send the evidence anyway? what did you send as evidence?
    Well, they asked me to prove that I have supported myself financially for the last 3 years, which im going to prove with payslips, and they asked me to send my passport/ID card as well.

Not sure how they are going to check that you've been here for 3 years then, if they haven't asked you for proof of such thing!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.