Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what forum this fits into but here goes.. So all my friends are now 18 and they're all going out clubbing and stuff but I'm not 18 till June... Worlds longest wait. This may seem a stupid question but how likely is it that if I just showed my ID to the bouncer at clubs I would get in, I've passed my test so I have a full licence and if you work back to 1998 it would suggest I'm 18 however it just depends on the month and if they thoroughly examine it. I definitely look the age I am... Any help appreciated as there is a really good night this Thursday and all my friends are going out for Easter.. Ps I don't live in a busy city like Manchester

ReputationRep:
    They tend to thoroughly examine IDs, depends where you are really, but they always are quite thorough with me even though I actually am over 18.

I live in a city with a population of around 100,000, sometimes even when I get into the club, they ask for ID at the bar as well.

ReputationRep:
    Borrow a mate's/brother's ID? They don't check the photos too closely. Birthdays they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    Borrow a mate's/brother's ID? They don't check the photos too closely. Birthdays they do.
    Literally did this all the time till I turned 18. Person on the ID just needs to have somewhat similar looks to yourself; sameish haircolour, same amount of weight on face, facial hair, etc.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I used to use my older brother's ID, we're certainly not identical but I had pretty short hair and no glasses whereas he had medium length hair and glasses in the photo so I used to just say I looked different because of the glasses and hair, they'd then take another look and I guess see the similarities in our facial features and let me in :lol:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.