Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hints/tips/opinions on this,appreciated ! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So....I've moved from Portugal to Coventry to study here which means starting a new life .For now I'm gradually starting to build my social life and I've made some very good male friends already from Uni.
    Now the thing is : I'm an Engineering student and there are no girls in my class group ,no girls whatsoever...occasionally I exchange some smiles with girls at the university and less frequently in the street and that's about the contact I have with girls now.
    As you might understand I would like at least to make some female friends or maybe even find someone to be intimmate with,you know.. .
    I've gone out at night some times and even went to a club here in Coventry with friends but girls weren't really receptive of meeting someone new,I did not expect so as some were really throwing stares and sometimes smiles but in the end it did not let me down
    Any tips on actually getting to know girls in my situation ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Join socities / clubs. Including ones outside of uni.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, join societies is probably your best bet. I would avoid clubs and nights out because you'll tend to meet the wrong kind of girl.

I'm lucky that my course is mostly women, so I'm in contact with them every day I'm there... but I've just learnt to talk to whoever whenever it's possible. If you get a smile from a girl, this generally means she's open to talking. When she smiles, go over to her and just talk.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both, I'll definitely do so

Take care!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.