Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Manchester Student Village is an ok place though so you will be fine - stayed there last year! The fire department are very quick to respond - we had several kitchen fires during my stay lol.
    Oh god that's gonna be me! I can't make toast without starting like 3 forest fires 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trish01)
    Haha.. yup! It is only in January that i decided that i will do the Bar this year itself.
    Do you have any friends doing their Bar course at MMU who can share their experiences?

Well.. I sincerely hope that we manage to secure a decent place to live in :P
    Sorry what do you mean by Bar course? And yeah me too we'll have to book a place fast before they all fill out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza97ahmed)
    Sorry what do you mean by Bar course? And yeah me too we'll have to book a place fast before they all fill out
    Bar = Bar professional training course (BPTC) It is a post graduate programme. The final level to become atleast a practicing barrister :P

In case you have any update on accommodations, as in en suite and cheap ones. Do inform me please. I am from Mauritius.. so kinda difficult for me to have really reliable info concerning these stuff

ReputationRep:
    Oh god that's gonna be me! I can't make toast without starting like 3 forest fires 😂
    Well having the fire station so close will be a comfort then - but you have now put me off considering going back to these halls lol. Maybe just stick to microwaving?

How you finding psychology? I do a joint honours degree part of which is psychology? Most of this year has been psychology based.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trish01)
    Bar = Bar professional training course (BPTC) It is a post graduate programme. The final level to become atleast a practicing barrister :P

In case you have any update on accommodations, as in en suite and cheap ones. Do inform me please. I am from Mauritius.. so kinda difficult for me to have really reliable info concerning these stuff
    Will do!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=hamza97ahmed;63716321]Will do![/QUOT

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Well having the fire station so close will be a comfort then - but you have now put me off considering going back to these halls lol. Maybe just stick to microwaving?

How you finding psychology? I do a joint honours degree part of which is psychology? Most of this year has been psychology based.
    Thanks for the advice I'll definitely try to microwave toast next time ahaha Psychologys pretty good! I'm doing a foundation year at the moment so it's combined with like social care and data analysis as well. Are you a first year?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice I'll definitely try to microwave toast next time ahaha Psychologys pretty good! I'm doing a foundation year at the moment so it's combined with like social care and data analysis as well. Are you a first year?
    Let me know how the microwave toast works out!

I'm in second year - two more to go after this one. I study psychology and speech pathology (speech therapy).

ReputationRep:
    Let me know how the microwave toast works out!

I'm in second year - two more to go after this one. I study psychology and speech pathology (speech therapy).
    Ah sweet so you lived in MSV for your first year? How was it?

ReputationRep:
    Ah sweet so you lived in MSV for your first year? How was it?
    Yeah I stayed there in my first year - ended up there after the uni messed up my application for accommodation and when they sorted their mistake they offered me halls I didn't want.

MSV is fine - always felt safe/secure, I was in a small flat with 3 bedrooms. The rooms are a fair size. Location is really good. Also you will never be cold there - the heating is very efficient!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I stayed there in my first year - ended up there after the uni messed up my application for accommodation and when they sorted their mistake they offered me halls I didn't want.

MSV is fine - always felt safe/secure, I was in a small flat with 3 bedrooms. The rooms are a fair size. Location is really good. Also you will never be cold there - the heating is very efficient!
    Fair enough! How did you manage with the kitchen? I viewed it before and noticed that the kitchen doesn't have a window in it

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough! How did you manage with the kitchen? I viewed it before and noticed that the kitchen doesn't have a window in it
    Yeah the only windows are in the bedrooms (my view was over the beer garden of the adjoining pub lol), It didn't really bother me too much but can't say I spent a huge amount of time in the kitchen!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.