Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i mean i can't revise frm the notes i get in college and have always used revision guides where the notes are in a more logical order, do u have to revise for uni exams purely from notes taken in class or are u given sylibusses where you can work ure way through using text books/revision guides etc
    thanks

(Original post by alio)
    i mean i can't revise frm the notes i get in college and have always used revision guides where the notes are in a more logical order, do u have to revise for uni exams purely from notes taken in class or are u given mark schemes where you can work ure way through using text books/revision guides etc
    thanks
    I think people may find it easier to answer your questions if you specify which course you are going to be doing etc... (e.g. revising maths is nothing like revising for sociology).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I think people may find it easier to answer your questions if you specify which course you are going to be doing etc... (e.g. revising maths is nothing like revising for sociology).
    im set for doing sports science although im thinking of changing to psychology :rolleyes: proberbly be sport though in the rare event i get in

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard of revision guides for uni courses (there might be some, but I guess they'd be quite rare). I had to revise from the notes I made/was given in lectures, using our standard textbook if I got stuck understanding stuff. We were given past papers and some lecturers went through them in revision lectures, but we weren't given any markschemes.

(Original post by alio)
    im set for doing sports science although im thinking of changing to psychology :rolleyes: proberbly be sport though in the rare event i get in
    I would expect that, as Nylex says, there will be a standard set of course text books that you will be expected to worship and obey them. On a personal note...you should see the reading list Edinburgh have sent me!!! I probably won't even get the grades but on the off chance I do I am expected to read some of the thickest books I have ever seen before I actually get there. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I would expect that, as Nylex says, there will be a standard set of course text books that you will be expected to worship and obey them. On a personal note...you should see the reading list Edinburgh have sent me!!! I probably won't even get the grades but on the off chance I do I am expected to read some of the thickest books I have ever seen before I actually get there. :rolleyes:
    Obviously I can't say about other courses, but there was only 1 book that we were told we had to have. Worship?! Some of the 1st year physicists came up with a '101 uses' list for our book, including rendering someone unconscious . Don't worry too much about doing all that reading over summer, I guess most people won't bother tbh .

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks and good luck

(Original post by Nylex)
    Don't worry too much about doing all that reading over summer, I guess most people won't bother tbh .
    I'll probably start on the train ride up there so I only have like 29999999 more pages to read when I get there. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Obviously I can't say about other courses, but there was only 1 book that we were told we had to have. Worship?! Some of the 1st year physicists came up with a '101 uses' list for our book, including rendering someone unconscious . Don't worry too much about doing all that reading over summer, I guess most people won't bother tbh .
    lol, i didn't know u had to read over summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    lol, i didn't know u had to read over summer.
    I think most places send out a reading list, although we didn't really have one. There was one book, which was more for interest than anything else really.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.