CONTRACT LAW HELP - Intention to create legal relations Watch

Britishladd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've made these scenarios up myself, but Ive got myself confused loll

a.) A father and son make an agreement that the father will give the son the car next week for £500 in return [to be paid next week]. The father, before that time is up, contracts with someone else and sells the car. The son sues for breach of contract. The father argued that he is not in breach of contract as they are father and son, and thus there was no intention to create legal relations

b.) A father and son make an agreement that the father will give the son the car for £5000. The son pays the father £5000 but the father doesn't give the son the car. The father argues as it is social and domestic, he is under no obligation

c.) A daughter gives her mother £1 to buy her an ice cream. The mother keeps the £1 pound but doesn't buy her the ice cream. When taken to court by the daughter, the mother argues that it was a social and domestic agreement

WHAT HAPPENS IN EACH OF THESE CASES AND WHY?
thank you!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this.

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses.

X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (460)
91.82%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.18%

Watched Threads