Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!I just got admissions from KCL's MA program in Terrorism, Security, and Society. The program is offered by the Department of War Studies, which I figured to be KCL's "flagship" department.As I wanted to make an informed decision, I wanted to know how KCL and its War Studies department are received by international organizations.Terrorism has been one of my primary research interests and I liked the fact that KCL offers a specialized program for counter-terrorism issues. As masters in the UK are only for a year, I thought the narrower the scope of the course, the better. On the other hand, what puts me off is KCL's international reputation and its alumni network within the IO community. I'm a Korean national who went to a university in the U.S., and to be honest, KCL's reputation and alumni network in my home country is not as great as other London-based schools such as UCL and LSE. Also, as my final career goal is to work for international organizations in the field of counter-terrorism, I wanted to know whether KCL has a solid alumni network within the IO community. If you guys have anything to share about this program or KCL's alumni network, please share with me! Thank you!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.