Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PNW2London)
    Curious to know if any of you that got accepted into the MSc Finance or MSc Investment and Wealth Management did so without submitting GMAT scores?

Would like to hear about your overall application, PM me if you would rather share privately.

Thanks!
    Hi there, I graduated from the MSc Finance in 2015 and didn't submit a GMAT when applying. 90% of the people in my cohort did not take the GMAT either - most of them where doing an undergrad right before and didn't have time for that.

My background: economics/management undergrad in France, started a postgrad programme ("Magistère") in Finance in Paris as well before joining Imperial. Previous work experience in M&A and Consulting.

By the way, I launched a platform called Unibudy very recently - it lets applicant connect with current students at their targeted courses. We have about 15 Imperial postgrads on there as I write, so feel free to have a look and let me know your thoughts.

P.S.: I wrote a post about "Career Planning" which you might find useful for your application as well

ReputationRep:
    I hold a conditional offer for the MSc in Advanced Materials Science and Engineering. I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to meet the grade requirement by a small margin. Do you guys think they would still take me in?

ReputationRep:
    Any news about Science Communication?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you find the course. was it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have one question: I am going to apply for M. Sc. in Advanced Mechanical Engineering at ICL. Practically I have all application materials, but I am still waiting for a project grade that is expected to enhance my GPA from 1.7 to 1.6 (in the German grading system). Unfortunately, I do not know when I will receive the grade.

I am worried about the fact that the offers are made on a rolling basis and the application portal closes as soon as the program is full. Does somebody know when this program empirically closes? Would it eventually be too late if I apply in mid-January 2018? If so, the plan is to apply next week with my current GPA (as after 22th December there is vaccation and neither my professors will not be at university to submit my LOR nor will I have received my project grade during this time). I also have a class rank document, according to which I belong to top 2% of my undergraduate class, and my current university is a partner university of ICL. Should I better apply now or mid-January?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have one question: I am going to apply for M. Sc. in Advanced Mechanical Engineering at ICL. Practically I have all application materials, but I am still waiting for a project grade that is expected to enhance my GPA from 1.7 to 1.6 (in the German grading system). Unfortunately, I do not know when I will receive the grade.

I am worried about the fact that the offers are made on a rolling basis and the application portal closes as soon as the program is full. Does somebody know when this program empirically closes? Would it eventually be too late if I apply in mid-January 2018? If so, the plan is to apply next week with my current GPA (as after 22th December there is vaccation and neither my professors will not be at university to submit my LOR nor will I have received my project grade during this time). I also have a class rank document, according to which I belong to top 2% of my undergraduate class, and my current university is a partner university of ICL. Should I better apply now or mid-January?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone's recruitment day? I find it really challenging. The exam questions are weird. My interview is about the mechanics which I know nothing about. Probably will get rejected.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.