Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christieio)
    Hey jessw5377!

Congratulations on your offer!! That's amazing
    I was thinking about searching for a job too maybe on the weekends but I am a bit worried as to how im gonna balance work and uni. :/ For the workload, there are rumours saying that Imperial has double the workload of other unis but I wouldn't worry if I was you. I'm sure it's not that bad.

Also, regarding the london prices, are you familiar with the new postgraduate loan scheme by the government? They can lend you up to 10k towards your tuition fees and living costs.
    Thanks you too! Yeah thats what my issue as well, plus living in London I don't want to have no social life at all haha. Yeah I've been looking into that but I don't know about you but my course is £9,700, and coming straight from an undergraduate degree means I will have pretty much no savings haha :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessw5377)
    Thanks you too! Yeah thats what my issue as well, plus living in London I don't want to have no social life at all haha. Yeah I've been looking into that but I don't know about you but my course is £9,700, and coming straight from an undergraduate degree means I will have pretty much no savings haha :/
    Yeah, I know what you mean :/ Did you get any other offers then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioGeek)
    Another Immunologist! Congratulations on your offer I believe we are in everyday from 10-5pm.
    yay congrats to! Oh if thats the case I'm almost tempted to commute

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know what you mean :/ Did you get any other offers then?
    I had an interview at Manchester but I didn't go as I decided I didn't really want to do the course, then I have an offer from Newcastle for an MRes to get a 2:1. Imperial is my dream uni and its obviously a lot better, but Newcastles fees are only £5,500! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at Manchester but I didn't go as I decided I didn't really want to do the course, then I have an offer from Newcastle for an MRes to get a 2:1. Imperial is my dream uni and its obviously a lot better, but Newcastles fees are only £5,500! How about you?
    Well, that's london unis for ya Double the fees for the prestigious uni lol. As for me, I got another 8 offers (Queen Mary, Sheffield, Hull, Sussex, Glasgow, Kent), some of them accepted me in two of their courses. I'm also still waiting to hear back from UCL. But, as you said, Imperial is my dream uni too that's why I chose it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's london unis for ya Double the fees for the prestigious uni lol. As for me, I got another 8 offers (Queen Mary, Sheffield, Hull, Sussex, Glasgow, Kent), some of them accepted me in two of their courses. I'm also still waiting to hear back from UCL. But, as you said, Imperial is my dream uni too that's why I chose it.
    Yeah exactly when you're the fourth best in the country you can afford to! blimey you applied for a lot of courses! well if you've got the offer its looking good then! what grades do you need?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly when you're the fourth best in the country you can afford to! blimey you applied for a lot of courses! well if you've got the offer its looking good then! what grades do you need?
    I was given an unconditional offer. I graduated last year with a 2:1 and all they wanted was proof of my transcript and my deposit.

ReputationRep:
    I was given an unconditional offer. I graduated last year with a 2:1 and all they wanted was proof of my transcript and my deposit.
    oh thats alright for you then no pressure haha! what undergrad course did you do?

ReputationRep:
    oh thats alright for you then no pressure haha! what undergrad course did you do?
    Yeah lol! Biomedical Sciences How bout you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah lol! Biomedical Sciences How bout you?
    same! final year stress right now haha

ReputationRep:
    same! final year stress right now haha
    I completely understand you haha. It will soon be over, don't worry! I'm sure you will do great anyway

ReputationRep:
    What is everyone planning on doing about accommodation? Some of these prices I'm seeing are absolutely insane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harvey.Specter)
    What is everyone planning on doing about accommodation? Some of these prices I'm seeing are absolutely insane
    Rob a bank and live in Gradpad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioGeek)
    Rob a bank and live in Gradpad!
    might be joining you there!

ReputationRep:
    I'm based on Hammersmith too Maybe we will get to meet lol.
    Yay!!! It's so awesome that you'll be on Hammersmith campus too! Would be great to see you around campus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calmsmile93)
    Yay!!! It's so awesome that you'll be on Hammersmith campus too! Would be great to see you around campus!
    Yeiiii

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am an undergraduate student from Germany, I am interested in doing my Master degree at Imperial. I study International Business Administration in Frankfurt and my whole degree is taught in English, does anyone of you maybe know if I still have to do an English proficiency test to apply for a master's degree at Imperial College? I know that LSE and LBS for instance don't require one if I already studied my previous degree in English.

Thanks a lot in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WCHEOK)
    Hi guys, I am an undergraduate student from Germany, I am interested in doing my Master degree at Imperial. I study International Business Administration in Frankfurt and my whole degree is taught in English, does anyone of you maybe know if I still have to do an English proficiency test to apply for a master's degree at Imperial College? I know that LSE and LBS for instance don't require one if I already studied my previous degree in English.

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Hello and welcome to the thread. I think all the information you need can be found here:

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/pg/...ments/english/

Giving it a quick read over it seems that if you can 'Provide evidence of a previous qualification that you have taken that confirms your English level' then you're OK. So in your case you probably wont have to do a proficiency test.

ReputationRep:
    Just set up my student e-service account! Registration opens in early September. It's just a waiting game now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calmsmile93)
    Just set up my student e-service account! Registration opens in early September. It's just a waiting game now!
    We need to make another account? I didn't know that. Where can I find the link?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.