Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if my subjects are related . I'm doing maths ft maths and physics do I have a chance into any uni with the right grades . Is it fine I'm only doing 3 AS S? Will that out me at a disadvantage compared to others with 4 as?

ReputationRep:
    They're pretty spot on for engineering. Most ask for maths and a science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looktoyourright)
    I'm not sure if my subjects are related . I'm doing maths ft maths and physics do I have a chance into any uni with the right grades . Is it fine I'm only doing 3 AS S? Will that out me at a disadvantage compared to others with 4 as?
    Perfect for Physics, Maths, Engineering!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    They're pretty spot on for engineering. Most ask for maths and a science.
    There's a 4th subject I'm doing but I'm pretty bad at it . Bad as in BAD . I'm pretty sure I won't pass it . If I'm lucky I'll get D or E. I hate revising for it and rather would revise maths or physics. I'm thinking of dropping it so close to the exams , btw it's a science . Any advice. UMS marks ar from

ReputationRep:
    There's a 4th subject I'm doing but I'm pretty bad at it . Bad as in BAD . I'm pretty sure I won't pass it . If I'm lucky I'll get D or E. I hate revising for it and rather would revise maths or physics. I'm thinking of dropping it so close to the exams , btw it's a science . Any advice. UMS marks ar from
    I'd guess AAAD looks weird on a CV (my GCSE German grade certainly sticks out, to the point I don't mention it)

It depends what your aims are. In terms of employment it won't make a lot of difference, more so I'd guess with university applications, but even then probably won't be detrimental to getting in.

ReputationRep:
    I'd guess AAAD looks weird on a CV (my GCSE German grade certainly sticks out, to the point I don't mention it)

It depends what your aims are. In terms of employment it won't make a lot of difference, more so I'd guess with university applications, but even then probably won't be detrimental to getting in.
    So I would still have a chance in best uni I'm looking either a career with maths or physics subjects relating to it

ReputationRep:
    So I would still have a chance in best uni I'm looking either a career with maths or physics subjects relating to it
    If you're applying for maths, and have an A(*) in maths and further maths, I don't think they'll be too bothered about you dropping, say, chemistry to make sure your maths grades were up there.

ReputationRep:
    If you're applying for maths, and have an A(*) in maths and further maths, I don't think they'll be too bothered about you dropping, say, chemistry to make sure your maths grades were up there.
    I'm thinking something along the lines of comp sci or engineering . So if chem is not involved in it it should be fine right? So Manchester Durham Warwick will be fine with that ??👍👍👍

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking something along the lines of comp sci or engineering . So if chem is not involved in it it should be fine right? So Manchester Durham Warwick will be fine with that ??👍👍👍
    Pretty much

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer from a top uni for enginnering without chem and same subs as u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    Sorry for asking but what grades did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much
    Thanks a lot😂 I'll drop it tomorrow

ReputationRep:

A*A*A*

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A*
    At as I'm guessing AAA?
    I think I will get ABB? At as , at least that's what I'm aiming for . It does look better than ABBU or ABBD/E right?

ReputationRep:
    At as I'm guessing AAA?
    I think I will get ABB? At as , at least that's what I'm aiming for . It does look better than ABBU or ABBD/E right?
    Aim for AAA. Even if you think you will only get ABB, aim for AAA.

ReputationRep:
    At as I'm guessing AAA?
    no thats my a2 grades. Which uni are u planning to go (first choice)?

ReputationRep:
    no thats my a2 grades. Which uni are u planning to go (first choice)?
    If I get AAA which I'm motivated to do now . I will beg my teachers to put my predicted grades high so I have a chance to apply Cambridge. Then probs Manchester Durham Nottingham . Not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NamelessPersona)
    Aim for AAA. Even if you think you will only get ABB, aim for AAA.
    Thanks a lot for the motivation. The grade boundaries are slim anyway

ReputationRep:
    If I get AAA which I'm motivated to do now . I will beg my teachers to put my predicted grades high so I have a chance to apply Cambridge. Then probs Manchester Durham Nottingham . Not sure
    jneill this lad needs some advice

ReputationRep:
    jneill this lad needs some advice
    Thanks a lot for your help

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.