Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking "Children who Kill".

It's already been a lecture during this years module, but I'd like to expand on it and bring in more theories and information about it.

I guess I will give a handful of examples but really focus on one or two (preferably one).

Anyone got some ideas of points to make?

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to focus on one famous example (e.g. the James Bulger case/Mary Bell)?
    What would you define as a child? Prepubescent? Or throughout their teens (in which case, the Columbie School Massacre would be quite the example).
    Ideas I'd bring in would mainly be about things like what could drive these kids to do such things; so the social, biological, and environmental factors underlying their actions. But this sort of idea has been run to the ground enough times.
    What did you learn in your module about this topic?

ReputationRep:
    What could have prevented them from committing such a despicable act or you could do an essay on cricket on the village green?

ReputationRep:
    Don't turn it into a practical demonstration.

ReputationRep:
    (An obvious aspect to examine is the debate around suitable punishment for minors who commit murder. This links into a bunch of fun legal/ethical quandaries, such as the role of age in responsibility for actions, accountability of parents, justice vs mercy, the aim of a jail sentence as rehabilitation or punishment etc. Though maybe that's a bit too off-topic.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    Are you going to focus on one famous example (e.g. the James Bulger case/Mary Bell)?
    What would you define as a child? Prepubescent? Or throughout their teens (in which case, the Columbie School Massacre would be quite the example).
    Ideas I'd bring in would mainly be about things like what could drive these kids to do such things; so the social, biological, and environmental factors underlying their actions. But this sort of idea has been run to the ground enough times.
    What did you learn in your module about this topic?
    Thanks.

I'm including everyone under the age of 18, so indeed to Columbine attack. I already did another seperate presentation on it but focusing on video games, so it shouldn't be too hard!

I'm going to run through the module presentation a few times... write down the ideas they've put and attempt to avoid them to an extent. I really want to make this feel like a new presentation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.