Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    x
    I don't mean to be blunt but please can you not PM me anything do with the MEU? Thanks.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I don't mean to be blunt but please can you not PM me anything do with the MEU. Thanks.
    That's fine. I won't do it in future.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I don't mean to be blunt but please can you not PM me anything do with the MEU. Thanks.
    PRSOM :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone any ties with strong anti-EU sentiment? Not all of us came from EU countries right?

ReputationRep:
    Who put this joker in charge? Well done if you want to lose the few members you already have. :laugh:

And keep your unsolicited messages to yourself.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Who put this joker in charge? Well done if you want to lose the few members you already have. :laugh:

And keep your unsolicited messages to yourself.
    If you are referring to Adam, he has done extremely well to get the MEU to the brink of a formal opening. If you are referring to me, I am neither a joker or the leader - after a lengthy discussion with Adam, I suggested that sending a message out to people would be a good thing to do. If you don't like the MEU and just want to criticise it and the people helping to get it going, I suggest you just clear off.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    PRSOM :rofl:
    Yes, it was ABSOLUTELY hilarious. 😑
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yes, it was ABSOLUTELY hilarious. 😑
    I did find it ****ing hilarious actually - that's my prerogative...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    To be honest Adam should of made it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    And people wonder why the MHOC struggles to recruit new members
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Made what?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Made what?
    This thread

ReputationRep:
    https://next.ft.com/content/7d7446c6...d%2F%2Fproduct

For those without access to the FT:

'All of the three groups — the Centre for Economic Performance at the London School of Economics, CBI/PwC and Oxford Economics — provide a range of likely outcomes depending on the relationship Britain strikes with the EU if it leaves. None are estimated using the same techniques. All suggest that leaving the bloc will have a significant cost for British households, although under certain assumptions, those costs can be contained, they suggest.

For the Centre for Economic Performance, drops in trade with the EU “is likely to cost the UK economy far more than is gained from lower contributions to the EU budget”. The CBI/PwC report concludes that leaving the EU “would cause a serious shock to the UK economy”, while Oxford Economics thinks that “our scenario modelling does not give much cause for optimism about the impact of Brexit”.'
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This thread
    I am sorry it is not up to standard but if I hadn't created the thread, there wouldn't be a European Bar. Please be grateful.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Basically hazzer likes being petty about anything which his political opponents have done. He'll be really pissed off if he doesn't get top 3 drinkers in the commons bar this time around IMO.
    If he doesn't become more constructive in his criticism, he won't make the top 3 drinkers in this bar.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    If he doesn't become more constructive in his criticism, he won't make the top 3 drinkers in this bar.
    Why would that be?? He's got just as every right to be as constructive or not if he wishes, as long as he doesn't break the rules. And if he doesn't, he could very well make no 1 drinker here - not really for you to say whether or not he can stay.

ReputationRep:
    Why would that be?? He's got just as every right to be as constructive or not if he wishes, as long as he doesn't break the rules. And if he doesn't, he could very well make no 1 drinker here - not really for you to say whether or not he can stay.
    basically quamquam is going to go all liam neeson on hazzer's ass if the criticism doesn't get constructive

imo at least
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    basically quamquam is going to go all liam neeson on hazzer's ass if the criticism doesn't get constructive

imo at least
    Ha, ha! PROSM!!! That is a great way to put it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He could be the no 1 drinker here, you are right. I would like to point at that it was me who created the thread so I have a responsibility to make sure certain comments are not inappropriate.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    We could be the no 1 drinker here, you are right. I would like to point at that it was me who created the thread so I have a responsibility to make sure certain comments are not inappropriate.
    I think you're mistaking yourself for being part of the CT or the ST. They have that responsibility... If you see something breaking the rules, feel free to report, but you can't tell someone to leave a thread because you don't like what they're saying.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.