• Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Private sub forums/ user groups is the main issue ATM, and I am awaiting to hear back from Pickles. I sent him a message on Thursday, and I hadn't heard back this morning, so I sent another message
    Have you tried Ask the CT forum? I always find posting in there and tagging them gets a quick response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Have you tried Ask the CT forum? I always find posting in there and tagging them gets a quick response.
    Cheers for that Toronto; I've got a response from him now; but definitely in the future I will utilise it.

Thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Cheers for that Toronto; I've got a response from him now; but definitely in the future I will utilise it.

Thanks
    It can sometimes take time to get things done (as with the Government subforum ), but they're mainly very good, just remember to tag Pickles (and also QC, who's excellent at helping with these requests).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    It can sometimes take time to get things done (as with the Government subforum ), but they're mainly very good, just remember to tag Pickles (and also QC, who's excellent at helping with these requests).
    And don't remind them off the gross incompetence generally demonstrated all over the place
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    The MEU should close. Even MUN was more active and that's saying something.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    The MEU should close. Even MUN was more active and that's saying something.
    As much as I hate to admit it (bye bye USE) this is absolutely correct. The same people who would join the MEU are the people who would join the MHoC which would make this a place where people from the MHoC enjoy their spare time.

Making this a part of the MHoC would make more sense. (Maybe an mhol but I doubt that would work)
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    As much as I hate to admit it (bye bye USE) this is absolutely correct. The same people who would join the MEU are the people who would join the MHoC which would make this a place where people from the MHoC enjoy their spare time.

Making this a part of the MHoC would make more sense. (Maybe an mhol but I doubt that would work)
    I still maintain an MHoL is possible.

However, the MEU isn't dead and buried yet. It just can't progress without private sub forums

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by PetrosAC)

However, the MEU isn't dead and buried yet. It just can't progress without private sub forums

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And we won't get subs until the MEU proves its value... Which makes it a catch 22 situation really.

It would help if people from the early MHoC were around to help you guys out...

Also, we have too many robots in the MHoC to create an mhol.
    Regional assemblies would be a better use of time.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I don't know why people are surprised to be honest. People don't come to the MHoC because of pettiness or arguments, they don't come to the MHoC because it's incredibly niche and let's be honest, a bit sad. Those of us who enjoy it are very unusual in that way, and the argument is similar for the MEU. It's another simulation, which will attract similar people that the MHoC attracts... if the MHoC, an established sub-forum can't get loads of new members, I have no idea how this place is going to.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I don't know why people are surprised to be honest. People don't come to the MHoC because of pettiness or arguments, they don't come to the MHoC because it's incredibly niche and let's be honest, a bit sad. Those of us who enjoy it are very unusual in that way, and the argument is similar for the MEU. It's another simulation, which will attract similar people that the MHoC attracts... if the MHoC, an established sub-forum can't get loads of new members, I have no idea how this place is going to.
    i take it you mean don't not come?
    I would point out that I've had convos with people who said they were interested, looked around and got scared off and others who joined but left because of the nastiness...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    i take it you mean don't not come?
    I would point out that I've had convos with people who said they were interested, looked around and got scared off and others who joined but left because of the nastiness...
    I did mean that, yes.

And if they don't even bother taking part, then I have no sympathy for their views quite frankly. For the most part, there's a lot of heated debate, but I wouldn't say that there's masses of nastiness, except on the very occasional occasion when some controversy happens. And quite frankly, if we didn't have that, people would probably leave because it's too boring.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I did mean that, yes.

And if they don't even bother taking part, then I have no sympathy for their views quite frankly. For the most part, there's a lot of heated debate, but I wouldn't say that there's masses of nastiness, except on the very occasional occasion when some controversy happens. And quite frankly, if we didn't have that, people would probably leave because it's too boring.
    It crosses the line a lot and if there was just general unplesentness it might be better then the targeting we have where certain members are just considered fair game.

Also if they don't take part because they don't want to deal with nastiness it shows we have serious problems.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    It crosses the line a lot and if there was just general unplesentness it might be better then the targeting we have where certain members are just considered fair game.

Also if they don't take part because they don't want to deal with nastiness it shows we have serious problems.
    I wouldn't say that it crosses the line a lot, and if people think it does, then in my opinion, I think they need to get out into the real world a bit more...

No, because I think there are a lot of members who take part in the MHoC without being in the more heated stuff... If it was really that bad, a lot more cards would be given out, and we'd be seeing members being banned left right and centre. I think the MHoC has actually improved a lot from where it was 6-12 months ago.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I wouldn't say that it crosses the line a lot, and if people think it does, then in my opinion, I think they need to get out into the real world a bit more...

No, because I think there are a lot of members who take part in the MHoC without being in the more heated stuff... If it was really that bad, a lot more cards would be given out, and we'd be seeing members being banned left right and centre. I think the MHoC has actually improved a lot from where it was 6-12 months ago.
    The argument 'it happens there for deal with it' is illogical and doesn't apply.

Personally I think some people have gotten better others worse. But the CT are much more reluctant to give cards out these days so...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    The argument 'it happens there for deal with it' is illogical and doesn't apply.

Personally I think some people have gotten better others worse. But the CT are much more reluctant to give cards out these days so...
    No, but if things were that bad, then people can report them, and they'll be removed. If they can't handle what's said, then in that case, this isn't the best place for them anyway.

I don't think that's the case at all... We've had the CT come in here on multiple occasions *******ing us for what's happened...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    No, but if things were that bad, then people can report them, and they'll be removed. If they can't handle what's said, then in that case, this isn't the best place for them anyway.

I don't think that's the case at all... We've had the CT come in here on multiple occasions *******ing us for what's happened...
    Or maybe we should tidy things up... And in case you haven't noticed there is a culture of attacking reporters in the house...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    Or maybe we should tidy things up... And in case you haven't noticed there is a culture of attacking reporters in the house...
    Reporters?

EDIT: Ohhhh, I get you - well, reports are anonymous so people can always deny it... I think there are some things which are reported which quite frankly don't deserve to be reported, and some things I see and wonder how they haven't been...
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by PetrosAC)

Yes it can do - we can have debates on general motions and on European issues. To say that the MEU can't progress is laziness I'm afraid and just demonstrates a lack of imagination as to how to make this place progress. I'm with Snufkins though, mothball the forum as a record of the MUN and shut the MEU down.

ReputationRep:
    I've been meaning to write a draft constitution for about a week FWIW, it's just that The Witcher 3 has been getting in the way.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I've been meaning to write a draft constitution for about a week FWIW, it's just that The Witcher 3 has been getting in the way.
    Something worth not working for

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.