Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.
    Today I got an email from my year tutor whom I've never met before about a scheduled progress and attendance meeting. I've had no prior warning from my tutor and I'm worried I've missed something and it's become serious.
    Mostly my attendance has been good, I have stress induced IBS-D, and dairy intolerance. since i don't live in halls this sometimes makes it difficult to make it to uni. it was going ok until the end of January. During the first week of februrary my grandad had two strokes and renal failure, and since then it's all gone wobbly. my attendance has dropped, my anxiety has peaked. It has also been discovered my grandad has three different types of cancer, and yesterday I found out my aunty has breast cancer.
    I plan on telling my year tutor all of this but I'm scared that because it's so much she won't believe me. I guess I hair need some assurance and advice. thanks...

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine that if it's a sudden drop in attendance that your tutor will believe you. I'd imagine they have enough experience to identify a 'story' when they hear one. Don't worry. I'm sure everything will be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.