Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nats65)
    Hi UCLAN i am appying next year for forensic science and i was wondering at what point would i apply for accommodation, grants, maintenance loans, tuition loans etc.
    Hi I think you can apply for your loan whenever you want, I only applied for mine 2 weeks ago, you can apply for you accommodation once your place has been confirmed and a username and password has been sent to you so you can log in and apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsduffy182)
    Hi I think you can apply for your loan whenever you want, I only applied for mine 2 weeks ago, you can apply for you accommodation once your place has been confirmed and a username and password has been sent to you so you can log in and apply.
    Okay thank you so much this was so much help as i had no idea, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    hello, I want to do journalism and it says no specific a levels however do you think they would be more likely to accept:

English language
    media studies
    art, craft and design

or

English language
    media studies
    film studies

I have only selected three as the six form I am applying to is subjecting to the a level reform where they only require you to take 3 a levels any advice would be extremely helpful as I am having a hard time choosing because on one hand I love art but on the other I think that film studies is associated partly with writing so please give me advice ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nats65)
    hello, I want to do journalism and it says no specific a levels however do you think they would be more likely to accept:

English language
    media studies
    art, craft and design

or

English language
    media studies
    film studies

I have only selected three as the six form I am applying to is subjecting to the a level reform where they only require you to take 3 a levels any advice would be extremely helpful as I am having a hard time choosing because on one hand I love art but on the other I think that film studies is associated partly with writing so please give me advice ?
    If I remember correctly from when I applied a few years ago, UCLan prefer the point system over subjects and grades e.g. they'll ask for 320-300 UCAS points instead of ABB ect. (With the exception of General Studies).
    Therefore, check what the entry requirements are in regards of points and choose the subjects you think you'll do best in or enjoy. They have the 2017/18 entry requirements listed on their website as well as 2016/17 so it should all hopefully be of some use to you.

ReputationRep:
    hi i understand that but all im saying is that ive heard journalism is a bit competitive so is there any subjects that could potentially increase my chances ?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Applied through clearing to do Asia Pacific Studies got a verbal confirmation and am just waiting on all the documents etc etc~

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.