Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed Leeds as my first choice to study midwifery and I now want to apply for accommodation but which one?

ReputationRep:
    Depends:
    -Maximum price you are willing to pay?
    -Mind sharing a bathroom?
    -Want somewhere lively or a bit more relaxed?
    -What distance do you want to be from uni?
    -Catered or self catered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
    Depends:
    -Maximum price you are willing to pay?
    -Mind sharing a bathroom?
    -Want somewhere lively or a bit more relaxed?
    -What distance do you want to be from uni?
    -Catered or self catered?
    I'm not too fussed about the price as long as it's nice. Would prefer an en suite, bit lively, close to uni but also to the hospitals and self catered. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    A lot of students who do medical courses and study in that part of the university stay at the Tannery Residences and Sentinel Towers

Both are en-suite, self catered, about 15 minutes walk from where you're based and are both within the £118-£124 a week range (some of the cheapest en-suites the university offers)

The Tannery is seen as a little bit 'more lively' than sentinel, but honestly, there's not a huge amount of difference. They are both across the road from each other so if you have friends living in the other accommodation you can easily visit them! I currently live in Sentinel Towers and I genuinely really like it. The rooms have been refurbished since the photos were put on the website, so are much nicer now! The only downside is the kitchens are quite small. The Tannery has much bigger kitchens, with a sort of 'living/diner' space. However I think that the bedrooms and bathrooms are slightly nicer at Sentinel.

Both residences are very close to the city centre as well, in case you fancy going on a night out, and it's about 20 minutes to walk to the nearest supermarket (morrisons) though there is a bus that will take you from there to the accommodations for only £1 You can also get the same bus to parkinson's building on the uni, laidlaw library and that stop is also quite close to the student medical practice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
    A lot of students who do medical courses and study in that part of the university stay at the Tannery Residences and Sentinel Towers

Both are en-suite, self catered, about 15 minutes walk from where you're based and are both within the £118-£124 a week range (some of the cheapest en-suites the university offers)

The Tannery is seen as a little bit 'more lively' than sentinel, but honestly, there's not a huge amount of difference. They are both across the road from each other so if you have friends living in the other accommodation you can easily visit them! I currently live in Sentinel Towers and I genuinely really like it. The rooms have been refurbished since the photos were put on the website, so are much nicer now! The only downside is the kitchens are quite small. The Tannery has much bigger kitchens, with a sort of 'living/diner' space. However I think that the bedrooms and bathrooms are slightly nicer at Sentinel.

Both residences are very close to the city centre as well, in case you fancy going on a night out, and it's about 20 minutes to walk to the nearest supermarket (morrisons) though there is a bus that will take you from there to the accommodations for only £1 You can also get the same bus to parkinson's building on the uni, laidlaw library and that stop is also quite close to the student medical practice
    Thank you so much for your reply I've found it very helpful. Is it all healthcare students in the tannery or senital or is it just the majority?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurasmith96)
    Thank you so much for your reply I've found it very helpful. Is it all healthcare students in the tannery or senital or is it just the majority?
    I'm not even sure about 'the majority' to be honest! People stay different places based on their preferences. Just many choose those two because of the distance to the hospitals. And honestly, I think accommodation is one of the best places to find friends outside your course! Other than my flatmates I know no-one outside my course! And do you really want to see the same people 24/7? And you can always invite your coursemates around to your flat!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.