Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently received an A*A*A*A offer for Chemical Engineering, which is quite insane and I would imagine that most other courses are just as competitive. I've read about the huge workload and the intense competition that goes on for every major exam that takes place every two weeks.

So I have been wondering for a while. If there is such a high concentration of incredibly smart and studious people at Imperial and all of them put in a considerable amount of consistent effort, they must be learning a lot more than people from all the other unis in the UK for their course.

I don't think most people would get to experience an undergraduate program for a course in more than one uni so it's unlikely that a fair comparison can be made, but does anyone here know what students at Imperial learn that students in other colleges don't for your course? Is everything very much accelerated? Do students take more modules on average? Do they study everything to a lot more depth? Are the problem sets just generally much harder? How would an Imperial College graduate compare to who did the same undergraduate degree in another university in terms of their knowledge on the subject?

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.