The Student Room Group

University transfer

Dear Sir/ MadamI am a citizen of the UK studying medicine in Dhaka Medical College, Bangladesh. I was wondering whether it is possible for me to transfer to a university in the UK to finish my undergraduate degree. I am in my final year, and have completed my 1st and 2nd professional exams. My 1st and 2nd year curriculum consisted of biochemistry, physiology and anatomy with histology. My 3rd and 4th year curriculum consisted of community medicine, forensic medicine and toxicology, microbiology, pathology and phatmacology.My final year curriculum consists of medicine,surgery and gynaecology with obstetrics. Due to personal reasons i have to move back to the uk and was wondering whether there are any universities which will accept my transfer. I have completed my final year course but have not completed the final exam. Can you please help me to find any university which will accept my transfer? Thank you.Naima Siddiqui
Original post by Naima Siddiqui
Dear Sir/ MadamI am a citizen of the UK studying medicine in Dhaka Medical College, Bangladesh. I was wondering whether it is possible for me to transfer to a university in the UK to finish my undergraduate degree. I am in my final year, and have completed my 1st and 2nd professional exams. My 1st and 2nd year curriculum consisted of biochemistry, physiology and anatomy with histology. My 3rd and 4th year curriculum consisted of community medicine, forensic medicine and toxicology, microbiology, pathology and phatmacology.My final year curriculum consists of medicine,surgery and gynaecology with obstetrics. Due to personal reasons i have to move back to the uk and was wondering whether there are any universities which will accept my transfer. I have completed my final year course but have not completed the final exam. Can you please help me to find any university which will accept my transfer? Thank you.Naima Siddiqui

Transfers within the UK are very rarely done - transfers from abroad are unheard of.

When are your finals? I don't know what your personal circumstances are, but would it be possible for you to finish your exams, get your degree, and then move back to the UK? And then when you're able to, sit the PLAB to gain UK registration?
I can't think of any personal reasons that would mean you HAVE to move country but still have the time and psychological capabilities to do the final year of a medical degree. What you are asking sounds impossible. Finish your medical degree in Bangladesh with lots of flights to the UK in holidays or see if they will allow you a year out if someone is unwell in the UK. If you're being forced for immigration reasons to leave Bangladesh you're a bit stuffed. If you just have exams to do can you not just do them in Bangladesh when the time comes? In some UK med schools your final exams are before you finish the course and having finished your course in March is very early. I would prioritise your final exams over every thing else.

I

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending