The Student Room Group

Gbh charge

I was arrested for attempted murder, I suffered a stab wound aswell and it was not me who stabbed the victim, police have asked for no statement on my behalf even though I was stabbed. A couple of the people who were there received no further action and I was positively id in the I'd parade and am expecting to be charged what do I expect?
Wait to see if you are charged and what with. Talk to your solicitor.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Wait to see if you are charged and what with. Talk to your solicitor.

My solicitor believes I will be charged due to being positively identified, is it likely it will reach court with no witnesses or cctv.
You should listen to your solicitor. I have no idea. Presumably the victim said you stabbed him and they have the weapon. the CPS will make their minds up when they look at the evidence on whether to proceed. If you have concerns make them known to your solicitor.
Original post by Ben smith
I was arrested for attempted murder, I suffered a stab wound aswell and it was not me who stabbed the victim, police have asked for no statement on my behalf even though I was stabbed. A couple of the people who were there received no further action and I was positively id in the I'd parade and am expecting to be charged what do I expect?

Assuming this is legitimate, surely you are better off asking these questions to your solicitor rather than strangers on the internet who don't know any more than the barest details?
Alcohol involved?
Your Age?
Number of witnesses/people present whether part of the accusing party or not?
Original post by DonkeyShlong
Alcohol involved?
Your Age?
Number of witnesses/people present whether part of the accusing party or not?

On the issue of whether he will be charged or not.

Alcohol is irrelebant in deciding whether he will be charged
Age= not relevant unless under 10.
He says no witnesses, but thats according to him.
Original post by 999tigger
On the issue of whether he will be charged or not.

Alcohol is irrelebant in deciding whether he will be charged
Age= not relevant unless under 10.
He says no witnesses, but thats according to him.

Alcohol determines whether you can plead self defence or not.
Age affects the severity of your charge and whether being tried as a juvenile, YO, or adult.
He said there were other people there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending