Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How can I improve my mannerism watch

Announcements

Being born and raised by non English speaking parents in a deprived area surrounded by illiterate friends (chavs)

I wanna break out of this cycle. I have a brain and mentality which is frowned upon by my family and friends as their all just hopeless. The family just do drugs etc. No hope. I speak like a chav, and I struggle to hold good conversations irl but I am very intellectual. Trying to break out of this group and find new friends has been the hardest thing, because no one wants to associate themselves with me. I have stopped dressing like a chav and doing drugs and grown up and work and study out of the area yet when I open my mouth It just puts everyone off.

They say you are the average of the 5 people you surround yourself with, I've stopped hanging with a few people who are just plain dossers with no aspirations but still feel no progress. I want to be able to sound and speak clearly and be understood and say things that are interesting and intelligent and always say the right thing but how do I get there???? I feel as though I was meant to be in this poverty hole and will never break out of it if yah get me

ReputationRep:
    hey buddy it's really heartening to hear your story. i am sure that you are capable of adapting to non-chav life. the speech adjustments will take time but are worth the effort.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.