Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do u think u r goin 2 b cheated out of a fair grade watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    considering the recent stories about papers being leaked - do u stil think u r goin 2 gt a fair result in the end? do u think da cheaters will get caught and punished?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jag_jatt)
    considering the recent stories about papers being leaked - do u stil think u r goin 2 gt a fair result in the end? do u think da cheaters will get caught and punished?
    Well I will as i'm on AQA.

But I reckon that the leaks mean that the grade boundaries will wrongly be higher due to the cheats, and this will rob some people of the grade they need to get onto the course at a given nui that they hope to achieve.

The cheaters won't get caught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lxl_bono_lxl)
    Well I will as i'm on AQA.

But I reckon that the leaks mean that the grade boundaries will wrongly be higher due to the cheats, and this will rob some people of the grade they need to get onto the course at a given nui that they hope to achieve.

The cheaters won't get caught.
    This is daft, a few people cheating wont higher the grade boundaries, end of story.

And no I dont think Ive been cheated out of a fair grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    This is daft, a few people cheating wont higher the grade boundaries, end of story.

But what about P2 - How many people saw those 5 questions? think of it, UKL the night before a big exam.

Say, 30 or so people see it, tell their friends etc. You can't be sure of the numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)

''this is daft???'' absolutely PATHETIC U R!!!

i sat the one of the hardest bio central concept papers - but sooo many ppl cheated - and the grade boundaries will increase!!!

and the cheaters wont get caught!! and ok even if it didnt effect the grade boundaries - its still TOTALLY WRONG to cheat

one mark can b da diff between a grade n a place at ur uni course dat some1 worked ever so hard for n deserved - n 2 b cheated out of it - dats ''daft''??

ur da daft one!!

ReputationRep:
    imasillynarb :

''Vengeful, Imperial Overlord of UK-Learning ''

not a title u deserve - if u think the recent cheating is not daft

ReputationRep:

i sat the one of the hardest bio central concept papers - but sooo many ppl cheated - and the grade boundaries will increase!!!

and the cheaters wont get caught!! and ok even if it didnt effect the grade boundaries - its still TOTALLY WRONG to cheat

one mark can b da diff between a grade n a place at ur uni course dat some1 worked ever so hard for n deserved - n 2 b cheated out of it - dats ''daft''??

ur da daft one!!
    Yes I agree.

In my view, 200 people somehow saw those 5 questions, whether it be off UKL, or off someone who saw it off UKL - You can see how qucikly it can spread.

these people, many may well be getting D's and E's - these 2 hundred instead get high A's - This may well push up the grade boundaries by a amrk or two.

Kid then gets robbed and gets 479/600 - misses A, and misses offer.

Wouldn't surprise me.

ReputationRep:
    imasillynarb :

''Vengeful, Imperial Overlord of UK-Learning ''

not a title u deserve - if u think the recent cheating is not daft
    No he has a point, my point is that the P2 Maths exam may well have wrong grade boundaries after being put up on the web for everyone to see.

ReputationRep:
    but its not just maths p2

chem AS and A2
    biology (OCR and edexcel) although edexcel is more widely known - OCR was jst as bad

ReputationRep:

ur da daft one!!
    DATS RITE DA DA IS RIGHT DA! DADADADARTDQASTRDRTD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cougem)
    DATS RITE DA DA IS RIGHT DA! DADADADARTDQASTRDRTD
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    it prob will push the boundaries higher... im with edexcel for 2 out of 3 subjects... im rubbish at those 2 subjects as it is... with the higher boundaries, il probz fail them... not go to uni... live in a carboard box... frankly, im screwed.

ReputationRep:
    Say, 30 or so people see it, tell their friends etc. You can't be sure of the numbers.
    No one knew that they were actual exam questions at the time though, so won't have gone telling everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I agree it's unfair when a large scale leak such as the example above occurs. I think more should have been done, but hey it's EDEXCEL what else can u expect.
    I am with AQA on all of my exams and have confidence in the system. As long as leaks don't occur, few if any people can cheat. It's almost impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fivebyfive)
    As long as leaks don't occur, few if any people can cheat. It's almost impossible.
    How philosophical of you.

If I don't die, I'll live forever.

ReputationRep:
    which papers are leaked apart from P2?

ReputationRep:

ur da daft one!!
    What do you mean so many people cheated? Can you name more than one?

ReputationRep:
    jag_jatt respect your superiors

nah i don't think it'll change the grade boundaries too much a few borderline candidates may be unjustly moved down a grade but otherwise it shouldn't make much difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    which papers are leaked apart from P2?
    biology ocr - harrow
    chemistry edexcel
    (those r the only ones i am concerned with)

ReputationRep:
    But what about P2 - How many people saw those 5 questions? think of it, UKL the night before a big exam.

Errr, it doesnt matter how many people saw the question before the exam, for a start, the people who are capable of answering the questions the night before would of been capable of getting A's anyway. No1 knew that it was the paper to be sat the next day, so no1 would of told their friends.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.