Do u think u r goin 2 b cheated out of a fair grade watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    luckily am not with edexcel but lets hope the grade boundaries don't go up

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by OCR Biology - Harrow? I don't follow..... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    What do you mean so many people cheated? Can you name more than one?
    yes

it got leaked in harrow
    becuz some1 knew some1 workin for ocr
    n den was sellin em for 275
    dis occured on mon (day b4 exam)

chemistry edexcel - dnt gt me started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fivebyfive)
    I agree it's unfair when a large scale leak such as the example above occurs. I think more should have been done, but hey it's EDEXCEL what else can u expect.
    I am with AQA on all of my exams and have confidence in the system. As long as leaks don't occur, few if any people can cheat. It's almost impossible.
    LOL is this some sort of joke? I see people going on with formulas/notes/quotes written on tiny pieces of paper which they look at during the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cougem)
    What do you mean by OCR Biology - Harrow? I don't follow..... :confused:
    ocr biology - got leaked in harrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    jag_jatt respect your superiors
    hw sad r u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jag_jatt)
    biology ocr - harrow
    chemistry edexcel
    (those r the only ones i am concerned with)
    maths edexcel, they announced the maths papers due to be sat next week are leaked, ie p4 and p6, and if they were leaked thenso was p5! and all my chem papers leaked! and nothing is being done abt it! lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    LOL is this some sort of joke? I see people going on with formulas/notes/quotes written on tiny pieces of paper which they look at during the exam.
    this girl in my sisters class cheated all thru her gcse's and got likes As and Bs. she wrote under her skirt, put stuff in her books all over. she got away with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    this girl in my sisters class cheated all thru her gcse's and got likes As and Bs. she wrote under her skirt, put stuff in her books all over. she got away with it
    Everyone does.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone does.
    i cant. my chemistry im the only one there with the examiner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i cant. my chemistry im the only one there with the examiner!
    I mean everyone who cheats like that gets away with it.

ReputationRep:
    A small question - how do we know that this year is any worse/better/different to any other year in terms of leakages and cheating?

Certainly, there has been more press exposure this year, but whether this constitutes to a greater incidence of cheating is arguable and probably insubstantiable.

All this talk about 'grade boundaries rising due to cheating' is airy-fairy.
    Cheating is always going to occur but it will always be a minority activity and hence will not affect the grade boundaries to anything like the extent being suggested.

Just because you have heard a few press reports about cheating in this year's exams doesn't mean that it is necessarily any worse or better than last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jag_jatt)
    yes

it got leaked in harrow
    becuz some1 knew some1 workin for ocr
    n den was sellin em for 275
    dis occured on mon (day b4 exam)

chemistry edexcel - dnt gt me started
    Which one, mod 6 or 4, or both? Man that sucks, I sat them both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    A small question - how do we know that this year is any worse/better/different to any other year in terms of leakages and cheating?

Certainly, there has been more press exposure this year, but whether this constitutes to a greater incidence of cheating is arguable and probably insubstantiable.

Cheating is always going to occur but it will always be a minority activity and hence will not affect the grade boundaries to anything like the extent being suggested.

Just because you have heard a few press reports about cheating in this year's exams doesn't mean that it is necessarily any worse or better than last year.
    It's nice to feel that your underachievement is the fault of some nasty examiner as opposed to your own flailing ability though isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    It's nice to feel that your underachievement is the fault of some nasty examiner as opposed to your own flailing ability though isn't it?
    I don't follow...how is the examiner at fault?

ReputationRep:

that is possibly true u know as if the qs hadnt have been posted the press would have not found out and consequently have gone looking for more leakages...i bet this does go on all the time....and no i dont think i will be cheated out of a fair grade (unless I am disqualified for seeing the sec2theta one

ReputationRep:
    I don't follow...how is the examiner at fault?
    I'm just saying that rather than believe I performed poorly in my exams because I'm below average ability, I'd rather blame the exam board and their cockup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cougem)
    Which one, mod 6 or 4, or both? Man that sucks, I sat them both.
    both, you couldnt have sat them, they are due to be sat on tuesday. edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Looks like i am just naive then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I'm just saying that rather than believe I performed poorly in my exams because I'm below average ability, I'd rather blame the exam board and their cockup.
    Haha, we live in a 'blame culture' society. As much as I see that you are joking, I'm sure a lot of people would like to draw comfort from saying that they underachieved/missed their uni offer etc. because of the actions of others. The fact remains that very few people will be cheated out of a uni place due to this kind of thing, although I'm sure that come an unsuspecting Thursday in August quite a lot more would love to claim that this is the case.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.