Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Nice juicy rump for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you ever had sirloin/fillet/South American style meats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Well really it depends on the cut of the meat you are eating.

If ribeye not below medium, the fat running through it needs to be cooked at least to medium for the full flavour to be appreciated.

If fillet though then rare is the way to go.
    Yes!

Different cuts need different cooking. I like a ribeye and rump medium, a sirloin medium-rare, and fillet rare.
    Not that I ever get the chance much!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Has to be medium!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Where in Italy is he from? Omg I just can't,even reading about him eating raw meat makes me feel like I want to puke

By accident ? :rofl:
    I've no idea tbh, I say "friend" but he's just a randomguy from the gym, I don't know much about him but we have a quick natter in the changing rooms if we bump into each other.

Yeah it was at a BBQ, they were tikka chicken on skewers and there were loads of them on a platter in the kitchen. I ate about 5 of them before the girl who's house it was came in and was like "NO what are you doing, I was gonna cook those in a minute, they're raw!!!" :rofl: I thought I was gonna be seriously ill at some point in the next 12 hours but I was totally fine. They were so nice though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Medium-rare
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Have you ever had sirloin/fillet/South American style meats?
    Yeah, but they're not rump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Yeah, but they're not rump

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And you preferred rump over them?!

:eek:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    And you preferred rump over them?!

:eek:
    Yup

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I've not actually eaten it raw :lol: Though I have an Italian-born friend who eats raw minced beef regularly but says it has to be as fresh as possible. I normally have my steak medium-rare or slightly less cooked. I've also eaten raw chicken tikka by accident and was fine though :lol:
    Oh my god that's foul ngl but whatever floats your boat I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenryHill)
    Yes!

Different cuts need different cooking. I like a ribeye and rump medium, a sirloin medium-rare, and fillet rare.
    Not that I ever get the chance much!
    I used to work in a steak restaurant and all these wannabes would be like yah I want my ribeye blue id be like m8 do u understand stake? :rofl: then I would always say to have it at least medium and then they would :drool: about it afterwards.

Btw what you've just said about ribeye-sirloin-fillet is perfect. Respect. :five:

ReputationRep:
    Medium rare, not sure of the difference between each of those cuts but im sure google can help.

I don't get how people can like steaks that re over-cooked/well done..... they're so tasteless and dry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ablicious)
    Medium rare, not sure of the difference between each of those cuts but im sure google can help.

I don't get how people can like steaks that re over-cooked/well done..... they're so tasteless and dry.
    i agree :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ablicious)

Open in new tab and you'll be able to zoom. I think this is the American cuts. Gives you an idea.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Rare to medium rare.

If you've ever been to Miller & Carter or Steak&Co, they have pretty much perfected how I like my steak.

Damn, now I'm hungry...

ReputationRep:
    With some kidney and thick onion gravy in a suet pudding.

ReputationRep:
    When I hear from someone that they are squeamish about seeing a bit of pink in the literal hunk of dead animal that they are apparently content to have on their plate, I reflect that I am grateful that I was brought up to see it as normal.

(Original post by jamestg)
    Oh my god that's foul ngl but whatever floats your boat I guess
    Chicken is indeed fowl.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, guess the vegetarians are too scared to post some ignorant and stupid comment here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    When I hear from someone that they are squeamish about seeing a bit of pink in the literal hunk of dead animal that they are apparently content to have on their plate, I reflect that I am grateful that I was brought up to see it as normal.

Chicken is indeed fowl.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'm gonna give you personal rep because you were the first one to pick up on it.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, if I had a girlfriend who demanded it be well done, I'd cook hers rare and eat it too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I've no idea tbh, I say "friend" but he's just a randomguy from the gym, I don't know much about him but we have a quick natter in the changing rooms if we bump into each other.

Yeah it was at a BBQ, they were tikka chicken on skewers and there were loads of them on a platter in the kitchen. I ate about 5 of them before the girl who's house it was came in and was like "NO what are you doing, I was gonna cook those in a minute, they're raw!!!" :rofl: I thought I was gonna be seriously ill at some point in the next 12 hours but I was totally fine. They were so nice though :lol:
    You are superhuman

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.