Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Minor rant time!

First of all, while I think that ordering steak cooked beyond medium is a waste of cow, I have no problems with people ordering it that way if that's how they want it. If you're paying for that steak, you are more than welcome to have it cooked however you please.

However I've just been for lunch with my brother at the lovely steakhouse he works at (ribeye served rare with beef dripping sauce for me, very delicious), and the women at the table next to us ordered minute steaks to be cooked "more than well done". Despite the waitress informing them that minute steaks, being very thin pieces of steak, only need to be cooked very quickly as the name suggests, they were sure that's how they wanted them prepared. Then when their food arrived and they tried it, they decided to complain that the thin pieces of beef that they had asked to have all moisture obliterated from were too chewy :unimpressed: My brother was ready to jump in and defend the waitress if they pushed the issue as they were being quite rude, but they decided not to after it was explained to them again how thin pieces of beef behave when intentionally overcooked.

Moral of the story: As a paying customer you are welcome to order your steak however you like, just don't complain when your wishes ruin the meat you're about to eat.

Related Gordon Ramsay rant;

ReputationRep:
    Supposedly, some restaurants will keep a damaged or mediocre piece of beef in the bottom of the fridge labeled "save for well-done orders."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Apologies to my Vegan/Vegetarian/Non-Steak Eating brothers and sisters

Whipped this up a few days earlier.

How do you like your steak? And do you think there is a difference in taste between rump/ribeye/fillet that is worth the variation in price?
    medium rare and yes definately between rump and fillet as if i am serving a large group the i'd go rump as it still tastes good but is cheaper but if it dinner for one (or two ) then i'll got for fillet
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Rare.

ReputationRep:
    When buying steak ALWAYS look for the marbling (The white specs of fat which decorate the meat) The more specs you see the juicier the steak will be when you eat it. You do not always have to have a big strip of fat on the side.. the best steaks always have many white speckles the more the better.. this is how you buy quality meat.

ReputationRep:
    medium well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)

Related Gordon Ramsay rant;

Not much of a rant.

He handled that very well. He didn't yell at them to :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: off once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Mine needs to be proper cooked,I wonder how people manage to eat theirs with blood dripping
    It's not blood; it's myoglobin. If you don't like the fact your food contains bodily fluids, I suggest you refrain from eating meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    It's not blood; it's myoglobin. If you don't like the fact your food contains bodily fluids, I suggest you refrain from eating meat.
    I'm middle eastern,that's not gonna be happening anytime soon

ReputationRep:
    Medium-well

ReputationRep:
    I don't like steak

ReputationRep:
    I like my steak as rare as I can get it. Usually ask for rare though as blue steak can be dangerous if it's not cooked properly..

ReputationRep:
    Medium rare sirloin for me.

ReputationRep:
    Out of my sight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I'm middle eastern,that's not gonna be happening anytime soon
    You tell em Bee!

(Original post by Goaded)
    I don't like steak
    What steak have you tried?

ReputationRep:
    Rare, without a doubt.
    Anything cooked more than medium rare is a disgrace lol

ReputationRep:
    It's got to be rare for me, anything over rare makes me sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Apologies to my Vegan/Vegetarian/Non-Steak Eating brothers and sisters

Whipped this up a few days earlier.

How do you like your steak? And do you think there is a difference in taste between rump/ribeye/fillet that is worth the variation in price?
    Medium rare, or die!

ReputationRep:
    Cooked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done, any blood is like cannibalism . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.