metamorphic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I'm currently doing the controlled assessment for the AQA A Geography exam board, and my controlled assessment is based on the changes of a river in its long profile. The key terms we're investigating are vertical erosion, velocity and lateral erosion. In the introduction we're supposed to come up with a hypothesis as to how these variable change downstream. My current hypothesis is:
Vertical erosion and lateral erosion will both increase downstream but lateral erosion will increase at a higher rate and be more prominent downstream as the river velocity increases due to tributaries, increasing discharge thus velocity, which increases lateral erosion due to the increased kinetic energy. Velocity will increase downstream due to tributaries, increasing discharge.

I'm not sure exactly why lateral erosion increases due to an increase in velocity, but is that hypothesis good enough? Also, for the evaluation, do we need to just list the limitations of the method, or do we actually need to explain how we can overcome those limitations?

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (31)
13.84%
Virtual campus tours/open days (50)
22.32%
Live streaming events (21)
9.38%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (21)
9.38%
A uni comparison tool (51)
22.77%
An in-person event when available (50)
22.32%