Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone. been meaning to start a blog about uni life for a while; and indeed have opened up a few quite a few times but always happened to shut them down; I have bouts of deep repulsion towards social media and often shut down/deactivate everything I have on any of it, but invariably end up going back unfortunately. It's different for blogs because there's no appeal (by that I mean nothing calling you back to it I guess); it's mostly just tripe you yourself have been spewing and mostly no-one reading it. so this 'Blogs' forum seems like a nice place and different in that regard, and I suppose having some sort of readership would be nice as well.
    bit of background about myself: i'm 19, freshman medic at a university in the capital of saudi arabia (because--yes, you guessed it--: didn't get into any in the uk; details in true TSR style: BMAT: interviews at Camb & Brizzle, flunked both).
    additional reasons I caved in and came here was because I have a journalistic temperament and thought it would be interesting to study in an interesting place like this I'm in but in retrospect I realise that that was a very inane line of thought but it's done now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.