Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm panicking because its nearly the deadline to pick a uni and im still very confused, i've done quite a bit of research and been to 2/5 uni's that i've applied for and im going to see liverpool jm on wednesday. I applied for: liverpool jm, manchester met, essex, lincoln and nottingham trent

I went to manchester a few months ago and loved the city it was so nice but i haven't heard great things about the uni itself. Can anyone please give me advice, im so very confused
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Have you looked at the course content?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nissymimi)
    i'm panicking because its nearly the deadline to pick a uni and im still very confused, i've done quite a bit of research and been to 2/5 uni's that i've applied for and im going to see liverpool jm on wednesday. I applied for: liverpool jm, manchester met, essex, lincoln and nottingham trent

I went to manchester a few months ago and loved the city it was so nice but i haven't heard great things about the uni itself. Can anyone please give me advice, im so very confused
    Hiya, I'm a final year student at Essex, please feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

^Sharmila
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

Hello

Which subject have you applied for?

ReputationRep:

Check subject ratings, course structures, fees and generally the area

ReputationRep:

Hi, what courses have you applied for?

As others have said compare course contents between the unis along with other factors that matter to you.

I am a 3rd year LJMU student do feel free to ask me any questions about the uni/city. Depending on your course I may not be able to answer specific questions on it, but if you post in the LJMU forum you may get more answers. Same for all the other unis ask current students on your chosen courses what the course/ uni/city is like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharmila_Student)
    Hiya, I'm a final year student at Essex, please feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

^Sharmila

Hi what would you say are the pros and cons of Essex, it's really good on the league table but it looks quite isolated in Colchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Hello

Which subject have you applied for?
    Marketing ☺️

ReputationRep:
    I am a current student at the University of Essex and it has a great vibe! The campus is really fun and social and there are sports teams to join for free, which is a great way to make new friends! Most things that you need regularly are on campus, such as accommodation, sports centre (including a gym), food shop, stationary store, post office, bars, cafes, a nightclub and bank branches. The town centre is only a short bus ride away and the nearest large supermarket is a 15 minute walk.

I study Management and Marketing so if you have any other questions about the uni or the Marketing course then I would be happy to help ^Sam
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I've moved this to a more appropriate forum for you

You can also find a forum for each university here for more specific information.

ReputationRep:
    Hi what would you say are the pros and cons of Essex, it's really good on the league table but it looks quite isolated in Colchester
    Hiya!

For me the pros are how excellent the student support services are, how friendly people are, how international the university is (I have learnt so much about other cultures, and tried lots of yummy food!), I love how passionate my department are about research, and how amazing the teaching is.

Independence is a pro and a con, I like being able to do my own thing, but I do get homesick sometimes. Another con for me specifically about Essex is that its far from home, at the time I was very eager to get away but not being able to go home as much is a bit of a con.

Personally I don't think Colchester is isolated, but I'd recommend coming for a visit day/open day to come and see what its like for yourself

Hope this helps!
    ^Sharmila

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.