Self teaching A2 Economics (OCR) Watch

skyaviator23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My economics teacher and I have had a falling out as he is on the edge of being fired due to his bad teaching and I've had to drop out of his lectures as it was driving me insane as I was doing past papers and doing poorly whilst he told me I was doing really well and refused to give me and feedback and when I was being taught he spent all his time telling us to read a textbook and then discussing what we had read. When we did this we rarely had an idea of what was going on as the book was shallow and the teacher would be very condescending to us saying we weren't paying attention, when it clearly wasn't our fault.

After this I've decided to teach myself Economics to fulfil my university offer, using online resources and libraries. However, even though I'm learning a great deal more, I feel like I could use some help and guidance of where to learn from as I'll need all the help I can get to get an A in economics. Anyone out there who can help me out???
A$aprocky
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can you not get a new teacher or something??
A level sufferer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by skyaviator23)
My economics teacher and I have had a falling out as he is on the edge of being fired due to his bad teaching and I've had to drop out of his lectures as it was driving me insane as I was doing past papers and doing poorly whilst he told me I was doing really well and refused to give me and feedback and when I was being taught he spent all his time telling us to read a textbook and then discussing what we had read. When we did this we rarely had an idea of what was going on as the book was shallow and the teacher would be very condescending to us saying we weren't paying attention, when it clearly wasn't our fault.

After this I've decided to teach myself Economics to fulfil my university offer, using online resources and libraries. However, even though I'm learning a great deal more, I feel like I could use some help and guidance of where to learn from as I'll need all the help I can get to get an A in economics. Anyone out there who can help me out???
I did OCR A2 econ last year and my biggest tip try and forge a working relationship with your peers. My teacher was next to useless (not entirely his fault) but my class all worked together and we all ended up really doing well.

Resources of note:
-Econplusdal on youtube
-GConomics- cannot overstate how much he helped me

The student room thread, keep up with it as people on there put ideas that you may not have thought of.

I ended up with an A* after using all these resources and im sure you can too. Just work really hard buddy
skyaviator23
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by A level sufferer)
I did OCR A2 econ last year and my biggest tip try and forge a working relationship with your peers. My teacher was next to useless (not entirely his fault) but my class all worked together and we all ended up really doing well.

Resources of note:
-Econplusdal on youtube
-GConomics- cannot overstate how much he helped me

The student room thread, keep up with it as people on there put ideas that you may not have thought of.

I ended up with an A* after using all these resources and im sure you can too. Just work really hard buddy
I would try to do that but too many people have quit economics and anyone left doesn't have the drive :/

Thank you for all that, thats amazingly useful!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads